The Spring Fling takes a Step Up!

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Linda's going to get there first since she's in the future. :blink:

I will let you all know in advance :) Shhhhhhhh dont tell Tracy or Dean :p

How much time do you get to build? Ball park? I don't think I can put anything together in a months time. Just wondering since everyone seems to be buzzing about it, I am getting excited myself and would LOVE to participate. :blink:

i'm getting excited. can't wait till we all know what exactly it's going to be. this will be my second attempt and no help this time. oh well, still can't wait. and i don't understand about the remarks about it not being a garage?? i've only seen 2 last year and one was mine. but i have heard alot of talk about beachs and sand ex. why is one better than the other. i'm not trying to be smart, i just don't seem to understand the point. anyway, luck to all, have fun and again can't wait. :):blink:

My Goodness and this kit keep transforming into even more glamor! He was about to send mine to work on and we made another cool improvement :p . Man, if a person don't like this year's kit, I don't know what to say. I am so totally and completely in love with it! I am dieing a slow death waiting to get my hands on it!!!! :blink::)

i believe the remark about the garage was for this year's build. but others have also said, at least it's not a garage. i was under the understanding u could turn it into anything u want. i've looked at other years and i didn't happen to see to many garages. granted,i haven't been on here only a year or so, but it just hit me funny, especially after the windmill and anne's lobster shac. sorry to upset anyone, i don't care what it is, just excited to see what it's going to be and a laser cut too. Wow great good building to everyone. :blink:

Hi Donna,

The comment about the garage (I think) is because of the HBS contest. HBS is miniatures.com and separate from Greenleaf, though they run a contest each year, as well. This year's kit for the HBS contest is a garage and Greenleaf's contest kit from last year was a barn/garage type structure. I think the comment is based on what the kits are like in their original form. You can and SHOULD make it into whatever suits you. :blink: That's the fun of the Spring Fling to me. All of the different interpretations of the same kit.

Every year for the past few, I have purchased the kit, and things always came up and I never got it done. SOOOOO, this year I have decided, no matter what I will be finishing the kit submitting my entry and whatever comes up, will wait. Well, I feel that way now, who knows. That said. I am so excited about this years kit just from the stairs and the comments above that waiting is getting hard now.

Am hoping I can finish one this year. With the hand surgeries, I just don't know. Of the three I've bought, only one got officially finished but I entered one partially finished one too.

At first thought the stairs look like a seaside theme, dock type thing, fire escape on a business or an apartment building, or used interior in a factory type setting, or a forest ranger station.

Hope I'm not using any of those, cuz I just gave the ideas away didn't I? Oh well, we all know Selkie has an overactive imagination and not alot of follow-thru.

sigh ....

Good luck everyone.

Hi Donna,

The comment about the garage (I think) is because of the HBS contest.

Yep...I think I started the "garage" debate...but that was totally directed at HBS's contest...(they "discussed" for about 3wks on what type of garage to build...and after all that garage talk, I was sick of it...)...just a joke...no harm meant... :wave:

I'm super excited about the release of the GL kit...I can't wait to see it... B)

Archived