Slow at everything

Roxxie

I haven't noticed things any slower; we're on dialup, so it's ALWAYS slow! However on uor trip to visit KathieB where we stayed in motels with wi-fi that actually worked, I didn't notice any slowing of service.

Some members have been having issues loading photos (I haven't tried in quite some time), and I think Tracy mentioned elsewhere that someone is working on it, so hopefully they'll see this thread and take it into account.

I haven't tried loading any pics but I can certainly vouch for the slowness to load the site as a whole and with changing topics, etc. Everything else I go to zips right along. It seems exclusive to this forum.

Most sites zip in and out but not this one. I have a new puter and fast internet so I notice the difference big time.

same :) to the point i dont pop in as often which i miss!!! i'm sure it will be fixed soon :) x

You know, I wonder...one thread, the one we all use a LOT...has to load so many posts...It's the "What are we working on now" thread..and it has a gazillion pages to load, each of them with potential pictures and other urls..

What if at least half those old pages were purged from the site. Would it load any faster..because it's a bit of a long wait to load, for me too. Since my machine is relatively new, and my system is clean and I format regularly..everywhere else loads fast, but not this site.

J

all okay for me. first thing I do when I notice computer slowing is clean out the temp files... not just the delete part but really go in to 'view files' and clear. when through I have less than 20 files remaining and those are password ones I retain. normally I do this every few days and if not it catches up with me.

^ the first time it was suggested i do this back in 2001 I had almost 100,000 files in temps. poor dial up at that time. when I look now there isn't a number showing so I can't truly compare and it's not important anyway.

Each and every time we change a page an icon or this n that leaves a file in temps. think about all that. give it a try and see how it goes.

LindaC

The forum should be moving faster now for sure. Also, We have been looking at the newest version of our forum, but the changes are so drastic, I'm not sure how everyone will feel about losing so many things. There are things that are no longer offered on the newer versions. Blogs, galleries and other things have different formatting & layouts now. I know from before, people were upset when we changed things (cause it take some getting used to) and they were very minor changes compared to the newest version. We are looking into things and will keep you all posted.

been looking at the newest version of our forum, but the changes are so drastic, I'm not sure how everyone will feel about losing so many things.

What ??? Changes ??? Drastic ??? Losing things ????

NO, NO, NO, NO, please, :giggle: no new website. I've only just gotten this one somewhat learned.

Change /=/ (does not equal) progress in this case.

Please, pretty please with mini's on it !! :lol:

Chant with me ... no new website, no new website. :) or Greenleaf forum forever, Greenleaf forum forever

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

PS. Mine is moving/loading faster now. Thanks so much.

No, Selkie, you do NOT want to keep the forum foreverr as it was if the new stuff won't support it that way any longer. The reason I have such a low member number on this forum is that I'm left over from the first "old" forum. It's OK; if we don't continue to change and to grow, we die.

When I saw your post I thought everything was fixed - but I still can't upload pics - deep sigh.

o no Jo! (that sounds like a song :kicking: ) hopefully yours will pop back like mine did soon :p

I think we'd need more details on what would go and what would stay before getting worried/upset :kicking:

Glad things have improved for those that it has improved for!