weathering the exterior....

candyscosmo

HELP......if anyone out there can give me an inexpensive way and how tooooo's toweathering the exterior of a house....thanks a million.....and.............if anyone has ideas as to make beach sand and dunes...permanent witout having the sand always coming off...thanks so much..... candy

The Greenleaf Gazette from January 2009 had an excellent article on aging & weathering techniques. My personal favorite bug juice recipe is India ink and isopropyl alcohol, and both raw and burnt sienna makes wonderful rust. Burnt umber with just a touch of hunter's green is good for mold/ mildew stains, and a bare sprinkle of grated chalk pastel in grays, browns, etc into wet paint is also effective.

American Miniaturist ran an article mini years ago on aging the Chrysnbon kitchen range that I used; it was so much fun I went on to age the cookware set, too:

gallery_8_8_11792.jpg

you can use the stucco addetive with sand coloured paint, over the paper mache dunes, and for grass I would check out the silk flower displays in craft stores. I usually use watered down paint in varying hues until I get the right affect, once it's all dry I attack it with my mouse sander until it looks as beaten up as I want it.