Looking For Inspiration For an Art Nouveau Fireplace

Lynette Smith

I have an element which is crying out to be part of an art nouveau fireplace, but I'm coming up empty looking for how the rest of the mantel should look. Once upon a time I had a book out of the library which had all sorts of art nouveau architectural eye candy in it. I went to the library and couldn't find a thing! An online search shows the same fireplaces, all high Victorian, Georgian,massive contemporary brick, and even Shaker!

I figured that someone here has some great ideas and resources, so I've come to you!

Here you go: Thousands of pics.

All I did was google "Art Noveau Fireplaces" and choose Images in the list of approaches. Use the right combination of words in a Google search and you will always hit the jackpot. Sometimes you might need to re-arrange the words a bit. You'll actually get different stuff from the different order of the words.

If you must have miniatures to look at, just add the word 'miniature' to the search

Look at all of these lovely fireplaces!

Here's images of miniature fireplaces

Here's a couple of unusually beautiful ones from this selection:

post-5739-1298023560_thumb.jpg

post-5739-1298022344_thumb.jpg post-5739-1298022577_thumb.jpg

Hope this helps :p