Uploading pictures

Jo Med

I STILL can't upload any pictures to this forum despite having flagged up the problem weeks ago. It appears that for some people the problem has been rectified but not for me. I'm fed up with this now. Has anyone got an update on the fault or do I just call it a day with this forum.

Jo, we are trying to locate the issue. I just talked to Dean again and he'll have someone on this again because as you said, some of the others are no longer having the issues once they told us the issues they were having and explained the error messages they got and told us a few more key pieces of info like how much is their storage and is it full. We are alloted only a certain amount of space for pictures which is why it is important to resize the pictures so that we don't use all of the storage.

That was the problem with a couple of the members that contacted me about it.

I LOVE the eye candy you add here so of course, Emily and I have been listening and she just sent me a note again about it yesterday. Thanks for being patient Jo dear and we are sorry that it is taking a while to fix. :flowers:

I cant load pictures from my computer at home even if i resize them either? But i did find a way to load them, when i load the pictures on my blog and them copy and save them in a seperate file it seems to make them smaller but still large enough to view.

I dont know why or how it works but it does. If you dont want a blog, you can just maybe create on for this purpose only. It's not hard to load your pictures on blogger and it makes them load much faster here.

I hope this works for you if you want to try it, let me know if i can help at all or if you have any questions.

jenn

I've sent e-mails containing the error messages that I have received, checked my storage capacity - which is under the limit - and tried loading 600x800 pixel images (email sized images) to both my albums and to my posts. None of this has worked. I love looking at other peoples work but I'd like to share my own too.

I'd like to weigh in on this one as well. I am able to post to my gallery, but when I try to post pictures I get a message that they are too large, even after I shrink them to inky dinky on Photoshop. I was able to post pics when I first joined a few weeks ago.

Chris

I cant load pictures from my computer at home even if i resize them either? But i did find a way to load them, when i load the pictures on my blog and them copy and save them in a seperate file it seems to make them smaller but still large enough to view.

Ahh this could explain why i could finally upload....i put the steampunk pram ones on my blog then was so excited they loaded here too....tried to update the shabby house album but couldnt.... :(

I must say i havent been so active here lately beacause of not being able to upload AND its soooooooooooooo slow to load the site in general ( it never was before) I have superfast internet and I dont have a problem anywhere else just here? only saying to help with tec problems... :spoton:

I hope they can fix it...i miss being here :)

Edit :( ...how do i find the limit in my storage allowance? i know my ''attachment'' allowance is only at 26% but what about my albums? where does it show the amount used on those? i may need to delete some maybe? :flowers:

Ahh this could explain why i could finally upload....i put the steampunk pram ones on my blog then was so excited they loaded here too....tried to update the shabby house album but couldnt.... :(

I must say i havent been so active here lately beacause of not being able to upload AND its soooooooooooooo slow to load the site in general ( it never was before) I have superfast internet and I dont have a problem anywhere else just here? only saying to help with tec problems... :spoton:

I hope they can fix it...i miss being here :)

Edit :( ...how do i find the limit in my storage allowance? i know my ''attachment'' allowance is only at 26% but what about my albums? where does it show the amount used on those? i may need to delete some maybe? :flowers:

Linda, go to My controls and scroll down the menu on the left until you see "manage my attachments" Click on this and the next screen will tell you how much of your allotted space you have used.

I'd like to weigh in on this one as well. I am able to post to my gallery, but when I try to post pictures I get a message that they are too large, even after I shrink them to inky dinky on Photoshop. I was able to post pics when I first joined a few weeks ago.

Chris

I have this problem at times too. If you go to 'My Controls' then near the bottom left under 'options' you can 'manage your attachments'. I delete mine out and then I can load fresh ones in.

Jo - Don't give up!! We love looking at your stuff!!

jo, i are you trying to load to a blog on greenleaf???? I was thinking of you using blogspot.com. Thats what my blogs are on and it's where i load alot of my pictures too first before i put them on here.

I load to my blogspot blog and then right click on the picture and save the pictures in a seperate file. Then from that file i load to greenleaf.

Linda, go to My controls and scroll down the menu on the left until you see "manage my attachments" Click on this and the next screen will tell you how much of your allotted space you have used.

I may be wrong but i thought that ''attachments''was just the pics you attach in posts .....the albums are a seperate thing? hm maybe not...but i have an awful lot of pics in albums to be only using 26%... :lol:

Just for you jo!!! I just went to my controls and deleated so many old photos from posts from 2007 and 2006 wow!!! I never knew that was there and it was taking up all my space, now i know why i could not load pics in my post!!

I also cleaned up my inbox and went through my albums, and got rid of what i dont want or need. From now on when i load i will do it with the pics re-sized to make sure im not using more space than i should.

We need an annual clean up your albums and old attachments day!!! Im going to make a post about this. I wonder if greenleaf sent emails to all it's members asking them to help if this would help the problem at all???

Jenn

I have this problem at times too. If you go to 'My Controls' then near the bottom left under 'options' you can 'manage your attachments'. I delete mine out and then I can load fresh ones in.

Woohoo! Who knew? :lol:

I think this fixed the problem - thank you, sweet Jo.

Chris

I have one "all purpose" album in the Gallery. If I want to post pictures in a topic, I first load it into the album (after resizing the bejeebers out of it) and then copy and paste it to the post. I haven't made any new additions to any albums in a while, so don't know if I have issues with it. I usually have issues, what with being on dialup.