Why do husbands make things look so easy???

minifan

RRGGHH...

So my husband has been helping teach me to use the saw and various other electric tools...and with his help, I've been doing some renovations to the shell kit that I have...

Well, apparently he's taken over ownership of this project...and wants to get working on it ASAP...

So tonight, while trying to choose a window for the house...he grabs the HW catalog from me and picks on...literally in less than 5secs...um...I've been debating this for some time now...and you have the nerve to come along and decide in 2.5secs that you like a certain window???

Oh, and apparently we will not be using my Deerfield style door...(he says I should sell it on Ebay to get the matching door to go with the windows...)...

He picked the Victorian window, the one with the triangle pediment thingy on top...and HAAASSS to have the matching door...

PPPSSSBBBSSSTTT at you sweetie!!!:flowers:

I'm rolling around laughing over here :flowers:

That's why my Rutherford has spiral stairs....not my idea.I had a good plan in mind,but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.Now my tower room is basically unusable because the stairs come up right in the center !!!! Oh well,live and learn...I don't ask his opinion on any of them anymore. To make it worse,the man is NOT even interested in dollhouses. :spoton:

Bless them all!!! My DH is very interested and keeps buying me tools that he thinks will help me. He is very proud of my builds and loves to give tours to visitors and show them off. I have difficulty holding and controlling most hand held tools because of the arthritis in my hands and while I appreciate his interest he does get frustrated when I cannot use most of the tools he has gotten me. He cannot use most of his tool anymore either and for the delicate cuts I often need he cannot do them. He is glad to do the larger rough cuts though. What I could us is a carpenter for a couple of hours to accomplish all the cuts I need that have stacked up!!!!!

My husband loves the things that I build. I have my own set of tools.....He won't go near any of them. His idea of putting a nail in the wall to hang a photo is....look for the nail. Any nail, including horseshoe nails will do. Then grab whatever is heavy and handy....Maybe the heel of his shoe, if he can't find a hammer, and start pounding someplace in the general area where the picture will hang.

Hand him a saw and he will slice bread. MY ToOLs! Do NoT ToUcH!!!! :flowers:

Ack, Zeb's idea of fashion is a pair of Groucho eyeglasses, the ones with the fake nose and eyebrows, and a style of shirt that is usually only worn by 7 year olds.

I wouldn't let him bring his living room set into our conjugal home. It had the loudest, largest Sears Roebuck plaid I ever saw, and the 'matching' lamps were five feet tall and had so many crevices they were impossible to dust. Wall hangings were mass quantities of beer mirrors..ok in the right environment, but I didn't want them in my living room.

The rest of his batchelor decorating skill included a jumbo fish tank with a beer can in the bottom, and a lone pirana who regularly got his water sullied with the beer from the cans. It's a wonder he didn't die long before he did. (The fish, not Zeb)

I sent him out on his own to get a new recliner, and he came home with one that had a high center of gravity (he tips over on a regular basis) and a horrid baby poop yellow that he insists is 'light brown'.

Would I let him choose the ornamentation on my doll house? HALE NO! I really do love my hubby, but he's the original Tool Time Tim Taylor, with about as many accidents and oopsies.

Mine will cut large stuff for me on his table saw, if I ask. I smile sweetly and thank him and straighten up the cut lines on the belt sander. Because of space limitations the two of us cannot be in the main workshop downstairs at the same time; which has probably saved our marriage!lol As for ideas, he won't; so if the house absolutely won't tell me I'll tell him what I'm trying to do and how I think I can go about it, and he'll leak an opinion about that I can take back to the house and start working with.

Awww Jeremy. You're a master at this, and she should be proud of ya. We're proud of ya! I wish I could do such cool work. Heck, she also knows where you are, unlike a lot of women who have hubbies who disappear for hours on end, into a bar, or sport club, or any number of places where guys, (and other women) hang out.

I say she's got a gem of a husband. She doesn't know how lucky she is!

Thanks Jeanne!

Actually, its more like house arrest- my wife works nights and I have 2 kids, so I don't have the option of going anywhere! :lol: I did get into this hobby long before I got married, but now I have an excuse for spending more time on the houses.

Years ago when I had a husband he would make comments like "Is that all you can do is crochet, or knit, or whatever I did back then to amuse myself when the four kids were in bed for the night. I can imagine what he would say about my dollhouses and doll collection. As I mentioned in another post, he couldn't change a light bulb without injuries. It would have been nice to have a husband who made things look easy. I learned a lot during those times about fixing things around the house. It's been really helpful in my minis when things need changing or repair.