Fairfield

blue_moon992

:lol: *happy dance* Got new pics, the house is coming together finally! I'm down to the trim work and windows......other than shingles which I am still unsure of. How do you stain all them little buggers? One by one will take years :blink:

YAH AMY!!!! But, Ahh, Amy, where are your pics? Want to see, want to see!

To stain the shingles, just dump your stain into a container (I use one of those plastic ice cream buckets) and then dump in your shingles. I stir. Some people just soak.

I know one lady who built an RGT Queen Anne and painted each and every one of her shingles individually. It was a gorgeous roof -- two rows blue, two green, two pink, two yellow, etc. -- But talk about labor intensive!!! I always told her she waaaay too much time on her hands. :blink:

I am very careful when applying my shingles so not to get glue on them...sometimes with more sucess than others and when the glue is all dry(24 hours) I stain it all at one time.

the shingles have a nice variation of texture and grain and color before you start and the stain helps bring it out even more. if you are wanting a particular look than you will probably want to do it one at a time.

like Charlene suggested.

nutti :lol:

oh and it is vey naughty to tease the eye candy addicts with stories of finished projects and no photos! :blink:

25 wet noodle lashes for you!

:o :D:D

okok Ill take those lashes now!

I just looked in the gallery and I must say WOW

what a great job you are doing!

absolutly fab!

you go girl!

:blink: :lol: I'm having a total "senior" weekend!! :o And I'm right in line behind Nutti to take my lashes! :D

Amy, your Fairfield looks great. Love all your details. Need to get everything caught up so that I can start mine. Hope it goes half as well as yours has :D

Thanks for the encouragement! I like your stir the shingle idea, Think i'll try that. I'm all for taking the easy way out! Going to try to finish up all the trim work and everything else and start the shingles next weekend, woo hoo!

The box says 12 hours assemble time.......I wonder what time system that person is on......hehe

The box says 12 hours assemble time.......I wonder what time system that person is on

ummm that person is on a "build only" time system :o

no paint...no stain....no primer or sealing....no inside decorating at all. :D

the little wood house on the front of the boxes is an "assembled" house

so that is why all of our houses take so long. its called mind time....lol :blink:

we have to decide what kind of theme, colors inside and out, wallpaper,flooring,and electrical which takes you to a whole new time frame. :D

so as you are wrapping up a project...do you have another one lined up? if so what is it? please tell :D

nutti :lol:

ummm that person is on a "build only" time system :D

no paint...no stain....no primer or sealing....no inside decorating at all. :D

nutti :blink:

:lol: You're absolutely right ! :o

Thanks!! I've got the willow waitingin the wings......it's sitting here looking at me saying "open open open" I can't wait, it will be my 2nd house and my 1st full size. I can't wait to decorate it and see if it is any easier lol

• 3 weeks later...

just been and had a look at your fairfield, absoulutly love the colours you've chosen.

My fairfield sobs quielty at night times, jsut wanting to be taken out of its box, poor poor thing, but they are things it needs first. so i pet it to make it feel better. it still sobs though LOL "!!!!!!! hahahahaa I am crazy lady !!! I was jsut saying to DH how this lady at work collect teddy s and she brings photos to work to show us of various teddys in posing positions around the house and wasn't she just a bit strange, he looked at me with a strange look in his eye and burst out laughing, 'what you do with those houses is just as disturbing' he said !!! I realised I was just as loopy

I love looking at other Fairfields to get my fairfield fix, please carry on posting pics for this crazt lady won't you

:p Sally, join the club -- I'm always commenting on the poor souls that have porcelain dolls or teddy bears all over their houses --Ha! Like I'm not equally nuts :blink:

I also have a poor, still-in-the-box Fairfield that I apologize to every time I go in the workshop :) and a husband who knows I'm a bit quirky but knows that talking to dollhouses manages to keep me from doing something he would find even more embarrassing :lol: I'm actually acquiring a reputation for being the 'eccentric' aunt :D All of his relatives ask me about the dollhouses before they ask me about my kids!!!

I'm actually going to start the Fairfield sometime next month -- have to get together the 1:24 wallpaper, lights, stuff, etc. first and just do it! Hoping mine turns out half a cute.

I'm actually going to start the Fairfield sometime next month -- have to get together the 1:24 wallpaper, lights, stuff, etc. first and just do it! Hoping mine turns out half a cute.

Charlene this is exactly what I am waiting for, lights skirting boards, etc. I am going to Minaitura 16th September and hope to get most of the bits there, will start after then.

so we will probably be starting the fairfield around the same time, it should be fun to watch each others progress and hare the joys and traumas. I'll let you know how I get on

so we will probably be starting the fairfield around the same time, it should be fun to watch each others progress and hare the joys and traumas. I'll let you know how I get on

Sally --

I'll be watching to see how yours goes :lol: Have so many projects going on and I have to watch the pennies (retired you know :p ). The Fairfield is promised to my Mom -- she already has a 1:12 cottage, but she never had a dollhouse as a child and I believe she's making up for it now! :blink: Anyway, I'd like to get it underway and next month is my time to get all the remaining goodies for it. Let you know when I start.

Ok so we have THREE Fairfields in the offing...and at least 2 Moms that will be busily decorating.

Looks like my Fairfield will be starting on schedule -- I was bidding on a house on e-bay that I'd love to build, but somebody drove the price waaaay over the value of the kit and, pffft, they can have it! It always amazes me that on e-bay folks will bid way over the ordinary price for something just to win the auction...it's bizarre!

Anyway, I have to do something with my gourd (boy does that sound risque!) and finish the sports bar for bro' and then it's on to Mom's little house. She already has five rooms of 1:24 furniture and is chomping at the bit. But, she did raise me and she knows it takes forever for me to finish anything :D TheFairfield is very similar to Mom's real house (probably why I don't usually do Victorian -- I actually grew up cleaning one of those suckers :D )

This will be the second house for Mom -- she also has my thatched Buttercup. She's really making up for being a Depression baby. Her house is decorated for each holiday, even St Patty's Day, and she has a special drawer in her bureau for all her little decorations. I'm kinda anxious to get to the Fairfield just so I can see what she does with it :lol: