Need a Little Help With My Aster

Chris P.

I am just now getting to the point of assembling my Aster. I find the directions a little confusing and wish there were more step by step pictures. I made a little prototype for the inside of the fireplace/oven.

I am pleased with the results. Since I used oil paints for the effects, they will need to thoroughly dry before assembling. So, I started to build up the inside of the fireplace in preparation of painting.

After doing this, I realized that maybe the inside end of the fireplace isn't where the effects should be. Should they be on the inside wall of the house before the fireplace gets installed? Is this perhaps the outside of the fireplace, and not the inside? IE: did I totally mess up?

Thanks for your ideas and insight,

Chris

Is it possible to flip that piece and have the finish on the outside? I haven't built an Aster, so I don't know. I use the dry fit to study what is where and if I'm going to do any particular treatments, which ones I need to assemble first. If your fireplace is built of fieldstone, the inside could have a stone finish. "Messing up" offers opportunities to be creative!

Thanks, Holly.

I actually want that part on the inside. It IS possible to have that on the outside, but I wanted to place actual stones into the outside masonry. It seems like it will work for the inside.. but I am having a frustrating moment because I am having a hard time interpreting the directions.

Chris