[Resolved] Double spacing

RFT is "Rich Text Editor" Nutti. If you go to your controls, and click on "board settings", you'll see the option for it there.

Dean, I have RTE turned on and I'm using IE 6.0 SP1. I'm seeing the same type of thing with my spacing on some posts. It's single spacing within a paragraph, but when I hit the enter key twice at the end of a paragraph, it adds four spaces, not two. An odd feature is that when I double enter at the end of a post in the "comments" section of the blogs to type in my name, it's not spacing at all. My name is showing at the end of the last sentence I typed. The oddest thing is that when I'm typing it, it all looks normal. The extra space or lack of spaces don't show up till after the message has posted.

Not a problem, I thought I'd let you know since Nutti is seeing it too. I disabled Zone Alarm since it has a habit of rearranging some things, but it happened with it both on and off.

Deb

Sorry for the delay nutti! There does seem to be a problem when using Internet Explorer with the Rich Text Editor (RTE) turned on. I'll research this and get it fixed up, but for now you might want to consider turning off RTE which can be done here.

Thanks! (that's one return)

Dean(that's two returns)

That should do it though you'll probably have to dump your Internet cache though. In Internet Explorer go the tools menu and select Internet options. The default screen has a button labeled "Delete Files". Hit that, close and then just reload the page and you'll be good to go.

Sorry for the delay!

Thanks Dean! It wasn't really bothering me, but I was kinda feeling like I was..........typing........the way.........Captain Kirk.........talks. <cackle>

Deb

• 2 weeks later...

In response to your recent request, here is a post for you to check .

The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy sleeping dog.

Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of their country.

did this help?

The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy sleeping dog.

Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of their country.

<giggling> I know what those sentences mean. They mean that anyone who recongizes them probably learned how to type on a manual typewriter. <cackle>

Deb