Walk-in Fireplace, finally got one for my Willow

Just One More

I just got my fireplace for the Willow. It's the only house I have with a big enough kitchen. It will be early 1800 decor so I have to look in my Early American Life mag collection to get some ideas for furniture. I have settle benches, hutches and other things I've been saving to get this house the way I want. HBS has a resin Colonial family I've been thinking about but want to get it all furnished first. The bedrooms are fairly easy. Colonial beds haven't changed much in structure, just the bedding. There won't be a bathroom so it's mainly the kitchen and living room to get sime things for. I'll put in a picture of the fireplace in the kitchen so far. I antiqued the grout because it looked too new.

post-1928-1295734199_thumb.jpg

I like that fireplace too! It would fit in if I did a kitchen in Moggie Manor..but I've decided to do a dining room instead, so I can collect some china and fancy place settings.

Still, that walk in hearth is sooo tempting. It would be worth it to do a small dh just to get one, LOL.

J

Pat that is a great fireplace! I think I saw one very much like it in Williamsburg. I would love to go over there and take some pictures in the colonial homes.

Me too!

Wow! What a gorgeous fireplace! I am pea green with envy, but none of my dollhouses are of that era, so I won't be buy to slip it into my purse! LOL

Wolfie you always crack me up!

In one of Patricia King's books she uses a piece of plastic hair roller to make a grate. I forget who it was used one of those plastic thingummies that holds socks together in pairs to make the pothook for the big fireplace opening. Will you make the little wooden stool the housewife (or usually one of the kids) sat on to stir the woup and heap fresh coals onto the lid of the Dutch oven?