green newbies

Hi,

I am so excited to find this forum/community! I have never built a dollhouse, but my sweetheart and I are excited about the possibilities! We cannot wait to build our dream home, his dream restaurant to be be built & owned, and our vacation home. We don't have any stores near us, so this website will help us get started on our adventures! Thanks for all future help & encouragement we can get here! :)

Cathy & Chris

Hi everyone! Thanks for the warm wishes! We are so looking forward to starting and building our dream homes. There will be lots of questions, and this forum is already helping! What would be the one piece of advice you would give us newbies when we are picking out our first dollhouses?

Side note, I am a silver member now! I know it must be the # of posts-what are the classifications? Just curious/nosy/want to see what the next level is...

Thanks! :)

Hi, Chris and Cathy!! And welcome to Greenleaf. Go ahead and pick out a house kit that you both love.And make sure you get yourselves some good glue(Sticky,Elmer's,Carpenter Wood glue )and NOT the hot glue that many directions advocate as it get very brittle with age and the whole house could fall apart! Also

make sure you have lots of masking tape ..to dry fit your house so you can see what it will be like and if you should want to make changes and which rooms will be easier to decorate before the walls are glued together.Read the directions, go slow and ask anything and anytime...we've all been "newbies"!! :)

WELCOME to the Greenleaf mini-family, Cathy and Chris – so glad you joined us! And what fun to start off working together on mini-dreams! We love to share news, pictures, and ideas on all things miniature! :)

Belated welcome to the little family, Cathy & Chris. You can do a "Search" on "getting started" and other key words of four or more letters. You can ask all the questions you want to. Most especially, have fun!