StepSon Killed in Accident

Merry

Thank you, everyone, for your kind words and thoughts.

My family and I have been through the gamet of emotions. Right now I am at a loss of what to do about anything. I can't absorb what happened.

I don't know why I'm on the computer posting on a forum. I cry, then I get angry. I feel guilty when I eat because I shouldn't eat but I get hungry.

I'm just kind of out here floating around, and I keep trying to figure things out...like what went wrong and why.

My husband isn't doing well. It's like life has stopped or something.

I'm just limp.

It hurts so bad. Thank you all.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no words can express my sorrow at the loss of a loved one, especially a child/even an older child. this is something that is going to take a long time Merry. Don't do anything right now until you feel like it. Grieve. It helps.

I wish that I could send something your way that would make it all better.

It's hard to understand why the whole world doesn't just stop when something like this happens - I am sure that it seems as though it should.

Saying prayers for you and your husband.

We're here if you need to talk, Mary. It's going to be bad for a while..very bad. Like you've been punched in the chest, and you can't catch your breath. Rest assured that while nothing will be the same, you'll get the strength each day to go a little bit farther..and the pain will ease up enough to begin living again. But right now, just go with it. Don't try to do any more than get through each day, ok? Hang on to the good memories, and know that many of us have gone through similar circumstances, so anything you might say or feel, or do, won't surprise us. It'll just take time.

((((((Mary))))))

Mary, this is such sad news, and I pray you and your family may find some degree of peace and comfort. Please take care of yourself and your hubby, and let yourselves grieve in whatever way works for you. No one can tell you what's right or wrong in this.

Mini hugs,

Jerri

Mary, we lost our daughter at 16 after a 2-year battle with leukemia. I can only imagine how hard your sudden loss would be. We're not programmed to outlive our children. I remember going to the Mall, just to get out of the house (no Internet then!) and wondering how people could just keep going on with the daily trivia of their lives. My world had stopped, and I couldn't get it going again. But you will work through the fog, and, incredibly, life will go on. None of it is easy, but somehow the human spirit is tough and learns to cope.

You have a large support group right here on the forum -- feel free to unload when you need to.

... my prayers are with you ...

Mary, I am so very very sorry. I am just now getting back after my father passing in Dec so I just saw this post. If I can do anything to help, I will. I know those are just words as there isnt much any of us can do except be there for you and we are.

Donna

Sometimes I wish we were all sitting around the kitchen table so I could pour out my heart to you.

We're here, Mary ... do you want cream in your coffee? How about a biscuit?

I don't know how to thank everyone. Sometimes I re-read all your replies because it is comforting to know others care.

Sometimes I wish we were all sitting around the kitchen table so I could pour out my heart to you.

That would be one Loooonnnnnggg table, but wouldn't it be wonderful??? :w00t:

Hope you and your family are coping as well as you can Mary. You are in our thoughts and prayers.

We are all here whenever you need a shoulder, or two, or three :)

I can't add to the advice given here but I can say how sorry I am for your loss. Just take one day at a time, grieve and slowly begin again. The sudden loss of a loved one is devastating and we do get angry, it's part of the process. We're here to listen when you're ready to talk.

I can't add to the advice given here but I can say how sorry I am for your loss. Just take one day at a time, grieve and slowly begin again. The sudden loss of a loved one is devastating and we do get angry, it's part of the process. We're here to listen when you're ready to talk.

Thank you, Gayle. It's difficult for me to say particulars because we're on the internet.

Just knowing you care helps me.

I've been busy for a few days and not coming in to see what's going on. You have my deepest sympathy on the loss of your stepson. I know what you are going through....just take it a day at a time; that's all you can do right now. When you need to cry, cry all you want and need to. We are here and we care.

Oh Mary, I am new here, but it was very sad to hear about your stepson. People are so precious and to hear about their loss affects us all.

Sending loving prayers, thoughts and hugs to you and your husband.

Hoping the sun keeps shining and cheering your soul.

Sam

I haven't been on the Forum in a while and just read this.

Mary, I am SO sorry to hear about your stepson. Your family is in my prayers and will be for a long time to come. I know the feeling of losing someone suddenly in an accident. My youngest sister was killed in an auto accident just 2 months after her 20th birthday. She's been gone for 22 years now. Not a week goes by that something doesn't remind me of her.

It's the memories of all the things he's done to make you smile that will get you through this. And, if those memories make you cry, so be it. Slowly, over time the tears will lessen and you will think of him with smiles.

The one thing that got me through my sisters death was something that my daughter said a month after the funeral. She was 2 years old at the time. We were sitting outside, enjoying the sunshine and my daughter was looking through a story book that my sister had given her. It made me sad to think that Mary Pat would never read the book to Kimi again and I started to cry. Kimi asked why I was crying and I told her it was because 'Pat Pat" (Kimi's nickname for my sister) was gone and that I missed her. She said...Don't cry Mommy, Pat Pat is here. She's whispering to us in the wind and smiling to us in the sunshine.

Out of the mouths of babes!

Hugs to you and your family.

lyn

She's whispering to us in the wind and smiling to us in the sunshine.

Thank you so very much, Lyn. It is our faith that gets us through the days. We believe there is a Heaven and that our son is with our God. Otherwise, we'd fall apart.....

I am amazed with my friends on the forum who have taken the time to write a simple note. Each and every post is comforting. I've even copied and pasted them all so that I can re-read them whenever I need to.

Love to all of you,