Hello From Sunny England...

Yvonne

...Hello I'm new here and yes you read the title right, we are having some awsome weather in the UK at the moment cos it usually rains most of the time lol. Anyway I have just joined and had a quick look at some of your pics and they are fantastic. I have to ask, do I have to have a Greenleaf dollshouse to post here because I don't, but would love one. I have a dollshouse that was bought for my daughter and she showed no interest in it, she is only eight though. Anyway I am looking forward to getting to know everyone.

kind regards Yvonne xx :D

Hi Yvonne, Welcome to the forum. No, you don't have to have a Greenleaf house to be here. We just enjoy watching and helping anyone who is building a dollhouse although once you've done your daughters, expect to want to build more!

Wendy

Good Morning Yvonne and Welcome!

Oh no! You dont need to have a Greenleaf dh to post in here. Once you start browsing you will see a section called Question about a particular house. Now not every single kit is in there but any questions that you have can easily (most of the time) be solved by asking us a question.

We love to see pictures! Lots and lots of pictures. What kind/brand of house do you have?

I am happy you are having such great weather! I hope it isnt too hot for you though.

My daughters are older (12 and 17) and they could give a rat`s patootie about the houses I have. But once you have it built, decorated, furnished, and have a lil family to live there she is going to go ballistic. I swear!

Glad to have you here and have fun with your build.

Hi Yvonne --

Welcome to the board. Have lots of on-line friends in England -- Yorkshire, Somerset, London -- and they've been moaning all summer about the heat wave and lack of rain....not something we're lacking here and do wish the rains would move across the pond to y'all!!!

Looking forward to seeing your house -- we have everything here from little kits all the way through huge scratch builds and we love them all -- so do post pictures since we all love eye candy! :D

Welcome to the forum, Yvonne. One of the great things about this community is that it's an equal opportunity forum...doesn't matter what background you or your house come from!!! The whole focus is on minis and supporting one another. You've made a good pick...congratulations!

Hi Yvonne,

I'm also from England and have been posting here for about a month or so. Everyone has been a great help with everything so far, although now I have hit a bit of a plateau waiting fro DH to do the electrics!! :wacko: Shame you cant all help with that too!! :D

Welcome Yvonne. Your little girl will change her mind once the house is in progress. My DGD played with mine from the time the walls were glued in. So I'm sure you DD will to. Be careful, it doesn't take long for this hobby becomes an addiction :D

Hi Yvonne,

Hope you're staying cool over there. I've been hearing that the weather in England is hot hot hot! And like everyone has already said you don't need to own a Greenleaf dollhouse - aren't the folks at Greenleaf awesome? :lol: Heck when I first joined the forum I didn't even own a dollhouse but was just making miniature accessories - these folks sure have inspired me! And with this new forum you can talk about anything mini related - and even some stuff that's not :D

I think you'll really enjoy working on your daughters dollhouse there's So much that you can do to customize it. What kind of dollhouse is it? I've seen some really beautiful dollhouse designs produced in England.

Welcome to the forum :wacko:

David

not something we're lacking here and do wish the rains would move across the pond to y'all!

Belated welcome, Yvonne, we're on the road and not too many "live" wi-fi sites available...

Charlene, mini of my English internet friends mention they're getting rain, too, just not enough relief from the heat! You can send some of your excess down towards GA & FL, we are near drought conditions & could use it!

• 1 month later...

I KNOW THE BOOKS I READ THEM TO, MY LOVILY AUNTIE BARBRA HAD A KITTEN TO KEEP HER COMPANY SHE CALLED HER MOLLY THEN ADDED MILLIE MANDY LIKE THE BOOK, MY AUNTIE DIEAD 6 WEEKS AGO AND I NOW LOOK AFTER HER KITTEN MOLLY ILL POST A PHOTO WHEN I GET MY CAMERA FIXED.SO THATS MY STORY AND THATS HOW I GOT THE NAME .

thank you yes my aunt liked the things i make.I have been makeing my own website thisafternoon with help from my son its not complete yet.I have called itmollymandy in honour of my aunt would you like a pick www.freewebs.com/mollymandy do let me know what you think love jackie