We are gonna have a Blizzard

heidiiiii

Lyssa, did you take pictures? Other than the flurry in Tallahassee on Boxing Day we haven't had any precipitation here at all, just bone-chilling COLD! It's supposed to go into the 70s for New Year's Eve & New Year Day, so I expect it'll pour & storm. Our paddling club has a gourmet luncheon paddle on New Year's Day that will be on the Chipola River again, but with the weather probably either inclement or COLD! I really want to pass.

• 2 weeks later...

SNOWBOUND 2011!

It is snowing. and snowing. and snowing. and snowing.

My neighbor is making a futile attempt at shoveling and salting his walkway.. I say he is a bit nuts. If it wasn't so blizzard like I might brush some of the snow off the front porch. But ummm. No.

I am going to post pictures in my gallery of the snow. I am not going outside now but I have one of my back stairs. They have disappeared! Somebody stole them!

I think the snow is not supposed to stop until 6pm tonight.

:p ...we're snowbound here in RI...well sort of - my DW works at the hospital so she has to go in - but she's not in hurry :thumb: & luckily the hospital is only a few blocks away from our house.

...while shoveling the "snowplow mound" off of the driveway :cold: we looked up & down our street - it's snowbound ghost town - LOL !

Last night I got up & looked out the window - saw almost white out conditions, then I looked over at our SUV & saw 3 feet of snow on the hood!!! :D Later my DW told me she backed the SUV into driveway - actually 6" of snow on the roof, LOL...

:dog: our dogs love it... :dog:

Not snowbound, but we had an ice storm that kept the schools and lots of businesses closed for a couple of days. And in the midst of it all our heat decided to break down. My husband went to get a motor, but both stores were closed. Then he went again yesterday and neither store had the part he needed. They called a couple of stores in Ga. but they were closed. So I went online and found a dealer that had the motor we needed and (hopefully) it will come tomorrow?? I just don't want the pipes to freeze, that would be a disaster. I'm trying to stay in one room with the dogs and birds. Please send some good vibes my way so we'll get the motor tomorrow, and that it will work. Thanks.

Yup Mike..I am in New London so you and I are in the same boat. I am making breakfast and then I am going to work on the little Arthur. I cannot open the front screen door right now. I will try to pry it open later.

10 inches last night and they are saying another 10 inches today until it is over.

...our heat decided to break down. I just don't want the pipes to freeze, that would be a disaster. I'm trying to stay in one room with the dogs and birds. Please send some good vibes my way so we'll get the motor tomorrow, and that it will work. Thanks.
Sorry to hear about your situation, Bea ...isn't that always the way - the heater lets go at the worst possible time...

Do you have a cooking stove or electric heater or something to keep warm? If not don't stay there too long! If you have to leave - keep the faucets trickling & If you can get to a hardware store they have electrical heat cords you can wrap around the pipes to keep them from freezing.

...sending heat your way :thumb: & good vibes for a speedy delivery of the motor :p

Oh no Bea! I am so sorry. I can relate, our heater was out for several weeks at the beginning of the cold time here. We called people and they were not useful, so we finally did end up fixing it ourselves. I hope you get your part soon and get it up and going. The only thing that saved us was lots of space heaters. We had that same snow/ice mess here where everything was closed. We are on our 3rd snow day here, even my husband got called at the last minute to not go in today. We are all ready to get out go somewhere, anywhere. I think we'll drive up to a store in a bit just to get out and be somewhere. I don't know how you guys in the north can deal with this all the time!

We received about six inches over night on top of the four we had from earlier. Luckily we had a couple of reasonably warm days (above 32 degrees, barely!!) that had melted pretty much all of the snow from our big storm at Christmas time or we would have had far too much. You folks over near the coast got socked this time! Stay warm and safe.

Our news in Texas just reported that Connecticut was getting the brunt of the Blizzard!!

I feel bad that the East coast is getting hammered.And most of this from a storm we had in Texas that produced mostly rain and cold temps.The Texas weatherman reported

16in.in Hartford an hour ago and in Litchfield Hills 24in.!! Everyone please stay safe and warm... :thumb:

I have more pictures but I will post them tomorrow. I am kind of snow stupid today.

Yeah I think they said that my city received about 15 but I am not sure..remember..snow stupid..LOL

We could not find the second shovel so Fred and I tagged teamed. We took turns and it took us two hours to shovel out one car, the walkway, the stairs, and the front porch. They are saying that it was not a blizzard but a classic storm called a bombogenesis. I had to look it up cause I have never heard of it.

Bombogenesis

All i know is that I stood in the middle of our street with snow up to my knees and just looked at all the snow with a booboo face on. There was so much of it and we did not know where to begin! But we did it well and did not hurt ourselves. We even helped a new neighbor because his car got stuck.

I have beef and pork sausage chili on the stove for tonight. We deserve it. I am going to make homemade baked tortilla chips in the oven in a bit to go with. Yummy!

I declare there is no school tomorrow! (even if the school system does not)