Hello All

srnewbie

:D Hello all - I am a bit overwhelmed with my new dollhouse - still in the box. Have read the instructions three times, surfed the 'Net for supplies, ideas. I've always loved miniatures and decorating - now combining the two in my retirement. Probably will ask lots of questions - over a period of time. No rush here, as this is just the latest in a long line of hobbies. Retired in Missouri. Fantasy is Fun.

What a fast response - thanks - I posted some questions about making and applying stucco (proportions of sand/paint etc.- also how to best prepare walls for paint, wallpaper, other finishes - whether to cover all with shellac/alcohol mixture first before wallpaper and paint. The "first" house is a little "Orchid" cottage. Will be a music teacher's house or a seamstress shop.

Welcome to the forum, Lois! I'm prepping the floors of my Orchid kit (taking a bit of a break while the primer on the first floor ceiling dries) prior to taking it on the road to work on (I'll never learn, I built most of the Glencroft on a road trip last year).

We retired two years ago & I love being able to mini every day! This is what we busted our butts for working all those years!

Ask all the questions you want, the only "dumb" question ins the one not asked. Someone is bound to have made THAT mistake, or a worse one, and "fixed" it somehow.

!WELCOME!

glad you found us! I also am from Missouri unfortunatly I do not live close enough to anything miniature. we do have a Hobby Lobby and recently a Micheals but its dry around here for miniatures

how is it where you are?

Im looking forward in watching your house come together. I love to see them develop!

again welcome to the forum!

nutti

:D

Hello LoisI am also new and like you just finished my first complete kit, well I have finished the assembly and basic painting/staining etc. I just sat on the floor with all the pieces in front of me for hours ready to cry when I got it, but once I started and followed the steps one at a time it was really not that bad at all. I have in the past only purchased English kits and they are pretty easy to put together as they come ready built bar a few screws and some glue. Its not that scary once you get going honestly, just take your time and sand everything nicely first and do all your painting papering etc. before the final assembly.

Will I do another one like the one I just did I hear you ask?.......................Hmmmmm get back to me in another 12mths perhaps,lol.

Welcome to the forum, Lois. I live in Kansas, very close to the border of Kansas and Missouri in Kansas City. I hope you enjoy this forum as much as I already have. I'm retired (recently) and am loving the free time to do anything my little heart desires! :D Recently went back to dollhouses after having made one about 20 or so years ago. I'm working on the Garfield, slowly.

Have fun with your minis!

Hi Lois ...

I'm a senior newbie from Missour, too!

I'm working on an Orchid. I used wallboard mud for stucco. I buttered it on with a pallet knife and then used a damp sponge with a blotting motion to make the little peaks stand up. I really like the effect. The little peaks are really mini --- more in keeping with the 1" scale than some other techniques I've seen in my short life in Miniland ... lol

Welcome! ;)

Goodmorning Lois,

welcome! I know you wil gaet great pleasure out of building your house. And on the "stucco"subject: I mix paint, an amount of totally inexpensive glue and a hand of birdcagesand.

many greetings,

Hello everyone

I hope everyone is well. I just wanted to introduce myself and say hi. I just recently got into miniatures and dollhouse around december of last year. I have to say I love it. It's like an addiction for me. My mom got me started and now we're in it together and we hae a lot of fun with it. I've also learned alot of really cool stuff. I've done a general store, my momo and I bought a beaumont already built and are in the process of decorating it, and a travel trailor andI'm currently working on a magnolia solo.