so relieved! Creatin' Contest entry complete!

chattycathy66

There's not alot of people in RL who don't understand the contentment and relief of finishing a mini project which has taken so long to complete...so I must just need a little validation,lol... I think I took literally hundreds of pictures ... DH said, isn't this supposed to be a stress relieving hobby, not creating more stress,lol. So, just have to say "Woo Hoo" :)

Congrats, Cathy! I must confess . . . I'm STILL not done with mine, and don't know how in the heck I am going to make that deadline!!!! I've just had too many catastrophes to deal with, too little money to work with, and too many health issues to feel like working on it. Aargh!!!

Congratulations, Cathy! :) I got derailed and never got back on track. I just bought a second "Lisa's Cottage" when they ran their sale -- and decided to put two together to make a larger building. I'll continue with my original idea, but not in time for the contest.

I'll try again next year :)

I know...that crazy RL gets in the way, huh! I wound up making a "time line" from way back in April and planned out every step, so I could see my progress and when I needed to get moving...

just got lucky this year and things went together easier...better not temp my luck next year!lol

All I can think is one big Whew!

Looking forward to seeing the entries, is there a link we can go to? I toyed with the idea of getting this kit when it was on sale but having just bought a couple of kits for the russian house, I put my wise hat on and my purse away again. Would love to see all the entries though.

Hey, everybody . . . could you all send a collective "you can do it" my way? I am still way off track - as most of you know, I've had an "eventful" year to say the least. I've just been falling further & further behind on everything! A week or two ago, I had some lab work at my doctor's office & and found out that I have Pernicious Anemia, and both my B12 & Vitamin D levels are both significantly deficient. In fact, neither of them even came close to making it up to the lowest numbers of the normal range. I am now taking B12 shots, a prescription sublingual (under the tongue) daily B12, a daily prescription Vitamin D and a weekly prescription Vitamin D Megadose. At least I know now WHY I've been getting nowhere! My doctor told me she doesn't know how I have functioned at all, much less been able to work. She said that with my lab levels, I should have been flat on my back. Plus, I've had to have my cat "Liam" back to the vet again (more money I don't have - gone forever) and I'm pretty much consumed with keeping him on track.

Anyway, I still have at least 50% to do on mine, I work for the USPS (and it's Christmas season, which means work is even tougher than the rest of the year), and I am broke (no money to buy any items to work with). So, help me out . . . send out the "Greenleaf Cheerleading Squad"! I've been telling myself I can do it, but I think my own belief in that scenario is a bit shaky.

Thanks!

Just some of the many reasons I don't enter contests! I know I can't compete anyway, too many more talented people, but the whole thing seems too stressful for a hobby. I don't do hobbies on a deadline, to please someone else, or to make enemies because of the way said contest ends. That said, I've seen one of the entries....besides the ones that are already posted on various FB pages.

Rhonda,

sending many positive thoughts and cheers your way! You can do it :) You can do it! Maybe if you're feeling better things will go along easier....glad you found out what was wrong!

Sherry, I know what you mean...I spent most of the last year on this in my spare time...lots of other projects waiting...I'm sure I'll have the "contest bug" out of my system now,lol So there's contest entries out there to view...do u mean on various ppls pages?? I love looking at the entries :)

rbytsdy, sounds like you got your hands full with a Willowcrest and a San Fran....can't wait to see them :(

Rhonda, here's a :) and hopes you feel better. As for the contest, IMO stressing over a contest deadline sounds like the LAST thing you need right now. Work on getting your body built back up & in balance, and I'll be here on the sidelines, rooting for you! :):):(