Amber's San Franciscan Update

Amber Alexis's Daddy

Hi everyone, I've been working on the San Fran and it's coming out pretty good so far, I figured now was a good time to put up a post updateing some of the progress, I've been working for days on those stupid windows, i got em together, still not sure if im completly happy with them, but we will see as the build goes on. I got most everything in the main frame of the house sanded, primed, first coat paint, and dry fit. the pics that you see its just masking tape holding it together. probly gonna dry fit the 2nd and 3rd floors, get them fiting good, then start to get the roof section put together, then try to do all the out side finish work in the end, anyhow heres a few pics.....thanks for looking, Jon

dollhouse001.jpg

dollhouse003.jpg

dollhouse005.jpg

thanksgiving1001.jpg

moredollhouse001.jpg

moredollhouse002.jpg

Thank! those windows are dumb. im thinking mine may become single hung window instead of double hung, having trouble keeping the top windows up, maybe they will stay better once everything is together and squared up for real. and thanks about the color choices, but i got to give the credit to mommy on that one, she helped in the color department,she will be helping pick out the wallpaper and carpet/flooring for the interior.

Looking good! This must be an earlier edition than the 557-- the tower framing and layout look a bit different... I think I have the same basic window design with my 557, though, and I ended up gluing the upper sashes in place and leaving the lower sashes free to move.

Looking good! This must be an earlier edition than the 557-- the tower framing and layout look a bit different... I think I have the same basic window design with my 557, though, and I ended up gluing the upper sashes in place and leaving the lower sashes free to move.

yea, its a sf555.

...This must be an earlier edition than the 557-- the tower framing and layout look a bit different... I think I have the same basic window design with my 557, though, and I ended up gluing the upper sashes in place and leaving the lower sashes free to move.
The SF557 was the last version that Dura-Craft did, when they switched from wood to MDF. The two prior, all-wood versions are the SF550 and the SF555 (which was my first-ever build).

There's a happy little girl looming on the horizon.....an excited young lady placing all the furniture for the hundredth time......a proud Momma showing her girl what her parents

made for her....and a happy Gramma reconditioning the first beautiful Dollhouse that her Daddy made for her-that will be passed down. So much joy for so many ..Great job

so far!!! :)

Thanks Everyone for the kind words! ive been working on finishing off the base today, did the brickwork last night and layed the flooring today, not super impressed with the results but it will do. I'm not going for showstopper, i just need to put a smile on one lil girls face! heres some pics of the progress!

thanksgiving-ambersnow-dollhouse054.jpg

thanksgiving-ambersnow-dollhouse053.jpg

thanksgiving-ambersnow-dollhouse052.jpg

thanksgiving-ambersnow-dollhouse051.jpg

Awwww. Something I learned on subsequent houses (as part of the dry-fitting process) was to mask off the place where I wanted to attach steps from the Magik Brik and after I removed the template tape to leave the brick lines I removed the masking tape (I masked it twice, once for the grout paint and once for the bricking). I used my old textbooks from Nursing school to weigh down the floorboard strips. The wee extra thickness might make it necessary to sand down a top or bottom of an interior wall, but that's no biggie, either.