What`s been going on?

heidiiiii

It feels like i've been at work alot! My days off have consisted of vegging in front of the computer. I haven't felt up to working on anything the past couple of weeks. Like i'll have the creative urge, then i can't decide if i want to work on a house, work on barbie clothing, scrapbook, or whatever and then i wander thru the house then settle down back in front of the computer. I don't know why. Anyway, I just worked the past 3 days in a row, i have today off, then work again tomorrow. I'll work on my Grosvenor this weekend, i want to get the basement completed.

Today my plans are to redo the varnish on the Orchid. I couldn't decide between satin and matte, but finally settle for a matte finish. I hope it turns out okay. After that, i intend to work on painting the Tennyson, I waited and waited, trying to decide what to do with this house, and ultimately it looks the most likely of all my kits to become a sly witch's house, so that is the final decision! I'll at least get it painted and play around with weathering it today.

I started back into my hobby of collecting barbies (a couple of weeks ago) and have since found some gorgeous dolls to add to my collection. I had never "really" looked at Gene dolls until a couple of weeks ago (i like some of them but not most of them...not enthralled by their looks) and have since discovered Tyler and friends. They are just beautiful. I purchased a Gene doll, Suzette and one Tyler doll this past week, just waiting their arrival. I'm excited because they are like Barbie's except they are 15.5 inches tall. Barbie is 11.5 inches. Anyway, they have a different look and are prettier than alot of barbies. I found some clothing patterns as well since the fashions available are so expensive. I'm excited, one of the patterns is for a gorgeous wedding gown. I'll try to post pic's but they may end up in my webshots, last time i tried to post a pic in one of my posts it said that i had reached my global limit on pic's. Anyway, that is what i have been up to lately. Too lazy to post even, but i try to sign in every day to read posts! Hope you all are doing well! marg

edit: i added new photos in my webshots in the barbie folder.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have done it.

I grabbed a new notebook, pencil, calculator, and my bills and am working on a budget!

There is nothing more horrifiying then actually SEEING what you spend a month on stuff. Example: I spend $18.00 a month on the local paper. I can easily read the whole thing online for free!

I am using the formula that they had on Oprah`s Debt Diet. I always guesstimate that I spend $300 a month on groceries. That is about $75 a week. I am going to start saving my slips from the store and see where I can save.

We dont have anymore cheap grocery stores or anymore bread stores so I have to make due where I can that way.

The way I have calculated it so far I will be able to pay the monthly bills to 0 a month, groceries, allowances for the next 2 months. Then I will be able to pay all the bills and have extra to pay down my debt (balances on credit card, there is only 1, and doctors offices, and other things that have been lingering that I never had money to pay off.

The girls will be getting a set allowance that they will use for their own stuff. They want a new pair of jeans.. pay for it yourself, hot lunches same thing.

We will see how this goes!

• 2 weeks later...

Fred and did all of the laundry at the laundramat yesterday. All of it. It has been too hot to do it, plus it piled up so fast that it would have cost a fortune in water and electricity to clean it all.

Started some school shopping. Ladies from the 80s..Leggings are back! :o And the girls wear them underneath skirts and dresses! Nat bought 3 pairs in different colors and patterns. You want to know what else is back..Stirrup pants! I never liked these pants personally. Didnt like the way they made my legs look.

Chels starts volunteering on Tues. She called the place herself! :blink: I didnt push or anything! She has to complete 40 hrs of volunteering to qualify for graduation. I think she has 10 on the books. She procrastinated! She will be working at a childrens center only 5 min from here, for 3 hrs a day 3 x a week till school starts. Then she can get the rest done on weekends. She is also going to be editor of art mag at school so she will have a full plate!

This will be Nat`s last year at middle school. She will be going to high school next year..sniff sniff

MIL found us a salon in our town that does great work on weaves. Going to be taking her before school starts. I have been saving up. Dont want no fake hair on my baby! LOL

Our bedroom tv died. I swear I am not a loon. But sometimes I get to thinking there is a lil bad mojo going on in this house lately. Dryer, car, Nat`s bed, now the tv! It is dead, fred smelled something burning!

Maybe I need to invest in some sage to burn or call a priest. :lol: (LOL just kidding) Maybe not! doodoo doodoo doodoo doodoo...

Maybe I need to invest in some sage to burn or call a priest

quite frankly it sounds as though a little sompin sompin needs to be done to help all this bad mojo out of your house!

need some positive energy. of course in life things do break down but is it mere coincidence that it all happens at one time?

three yrs ago we had six deaths in a 3 month period...3 in one month and three 2 months later

all were family and friends. I got out my sage and lilac and said a little prayer of thanksgiving in each room of my house for my family and house. I felt better...and perhaps with a better prospective from doing "something" when there really isnt anything you can do helps!

ok I could be just rambling due to I had very little sleep last night.

post-9-1154795984.gif post-9-1154795984.gifpost-9-1154795984.gif

ok how about some hugz

Have a better day!

nutti :blink:

Definately sound like something going on :blink: . We had something like that last year, my minivan's engine blew and while DH was trying to get parts to rebuild it himself the transmission in his car went a month later. We needed a car so I just junked the van and we got a newer Jimmy, just in time for winter. Once the warmer weather came back he got the transmission in his car fixed and so far so good (knock on wood :o ).

three yrs ago we had six deaths in a 3 month period...3 in one month and three 2 months later

That's strange also. I had that but it was stranger. Six weeks after Chris was born my grandfather on my mom's side died, didn't think anything strange at the time. Then when Amber was born my grandfather on my dad's side died, SIX WEEKS later :lol: . Needless to say I was freaked out, that was to much of a coincidence.

Thank you for not thinking I was a nut! (sorry Nutti..LOL)

We did a sage burn when we bought the house but I think it is time for another one. I also need to do some re-arranging.

If you arrange your home a certain way you can help the vibes. It just seems strange. Yes you can chalk it up to stuff happens but....

Nurse at dh`s job is selling us her 4 yr old 32" tv and the armoire. The one that died is 27" and the stand I have it on will not work with bigger tv.

Dh is a tv H#*r. He loves football (pre-season all the way thru) and basketball (college and pros) I do not. My dad didnt watch sports. I was never aclimated to it and I never got into it even after 20 yrs together. If were up to me, I wouldnt replace it.

Nurse at dh`s job is selling us her 4 yr old 32" tv and the armoire. The one that died is 27" and the stand I have it on will not work with bigger tv.

Dh is a tv H#*r. He loves football (pre-season all the way thru) and basketball (college and pros) I do not. My dad didnt watch sports. I was never aclimated to it and I never got into it even after 20 yrs together. If were up to me, I wouldnt replace it.

My DH is also a TV aholic! he watches weird crap all day if ya let him. :lol:

so when our lil 25 inch was thinkin about going out his sister gave us a 32 inch becuase she didnt think it worked...the lady that gave it to SIL husband told him that it just kept getting hot and going off after an hour.

we plugged it in and never had a moments trouble with it.

probably because when it got unplugged it reset the sleep timer and it never turned off again. :o :D

SIL didnt like who her hubby got it from and they split up and she gave tv to my hubby not ever turning it on.

life is very interresting in its constant changes and challenges!

nutti :blink: