What`s been going on?

heidiiiii

Dh loves me.. He used to tie my shoes for me when I was preggers.

When I was pregnant with Chris DH use to do everything even take off work to go to the doctors, then when I was pregnant with Amber the only thing I could get him to do was move the seat back in the car :D . Amber was the one who was constently moving around and she was mainly in front I had a VERY hard time getting into the car let alone trying to drive. I had to have the seat all the way back and the steering wheel tilted all the way up, it was almost like driving a truck but shorter :o .

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Melissa, I know exactly how you felt. I went through major car problems this week also. Last Friday my son totaled his car-again, This is his 3rd major accident in 4 years,and now the insurance company may drop him. I co signed the car loan so I'm sweating it out until they decide what they are going to do. Thursday my son and BF were out for a joy ride in our antique car which is only supposed to be driven Sunday, and it broke down, and had to be flat bedded home. $45.00 for a ONE mile tow. Last night after picking my son from work, (I'm now his driver), I pulled into our driveway, went into the house and a neighbor came running over yelling that my car was on fire! We hosed it down right away but it was to dark to see much. And I was just to upset to deal with it anyway. That was all I could take, I cried for an hour and tried to figure out how I was going to get somewhere to buy a new car today so I can get to work on Monday. I dreaded getting up this morning, I was afraid to see what the damage to the car was. LUCKILY it was just a radiator hose that broke and shot anti-freeze all over the motor and driveway and caused all the smoke. It was an easy repair after we got a new hose. But the inside of the car smells like burnt antifreeze! I cleaned the motor, but the smell is in the interior.If you have never smelled burnt antifreeze its like burned califlower! YUK. I can't leave the windows opened because its raining again.This has been one of the worst weeks of my life, and definately the worst year of my life. My family has had 5 deaths since Nov. and lost 3 close friends. I dread it when the phone rings.

Ok I'm done whining, I'm sorry, but I feel much better getting it out. I need a long vacation.

terri

{{{HUGS}}} all around for everybody's crappy week. At the canoe & kayak club meeting this week one member was talking about a paddle where one of the group got to his truck & found all the gas had been siphoned off (he was the only one to park where the gas port was blocked from view of the road by a bush.

Normally the take-out place for a paddle is a public boat launch and cars are safe, but some of the put-ins are remote and the vehicle bringing everyone back gets left in as publicly visible place as possible for that reason.

Just shows how the rising price of gas drives some people to desparation.

(((((Terri)))))

I know this is something that is going to cost some more money but my dh used to detail cars and they CAN get the smell out!

They have special cleaning supplies and carpet cleaners so that you will never smell the anitfreeze again. Usually a custom job like that runs around $100 but that is here in CT.

I have not been feeling well. The house is a testioment to that fact. Energy is non-existent and I just feel funny. I know it isnt my meneires cause I havent had an attack (yet), and my blood sugars are fine. Fortunately I have a doctors appt this week. I know that part of it is probably the heat. I know something isnt right when just the act of working on the dh is tiring.

Still in the 80s here. :D I know that is glorious to some but when you dont feel good you wish it was cooler!

I finished wiring the house (all good) and did the wood flooring for the attic last night. I like skinny sticks!

Well.....

My week has not been great. I have a repetative strain injury in my little finger from making too many animals so now dr said I have to rest my hand until it gets better and I must avoid using my hand to hold things for long periods of time. So that means no sculpting for me for a while :(. But I am making perfume bottles as they are so much easier to do even though it is not my thing.

My daughter has just started using the potty (hooray :D ) even though we've had a few accidents (won't go into that) and she's going through a biting phase. :D

The weather has been really hot (for England especially) so I've been sweltering in the heat for the past week which is not very nice but at least it's not raining :o.

Glad to hear Chelsea is enjoying art school now, I hope she has a great time there. :(

David, Yard sales.. You talk to the people. Oh I love your roses, what kind are they? Your home is beautiful. Pet the dog, buy the kids lemonade, etc. I am nice but I am calculating! :D I went to yard sale and have levelor blinds to buy for $7 a piece (there were two). There was a sewing machine for sale but they couldnt figure out why it wasnt working. I went over and fixed, threaded bobbin and got it to work! She sold the machine and sold the two blinds to me for $5 for both! See? :(

Hi Heidi :o

The real dark red is called Black Baccara - the flourists claim it's the darkest red to date I've seen some grown in the greenhouses and they really are very close to black! Mine in the yard don't get as dark but they don't grow in optimal conditions either - I love em though :( The purple striped rose is Purple Tiger - the yellow ones I don't remember the names of - some have names and some came without - my son is BiG fan of all things Yellow - so all the roses planted outside his bedroom window are yellow :D The rest are mine hehehe. Speaking of yard sales got the son a set of golf clubs yesterday for $6 - the golf coach said they're just the right size for him Yaaay!! and there are extras I can give to one of the other kids at golf too. Picked up another Sweetheart Dollhouse for a buck.. but it only got as far as the golf course with me - I gave it to one of my son's friends - she and her caretaker both have shown an interrest in dollhouses but aren't really sure - I bought a larger play type house to refurbish for her but it turns out to be a bit too large for her bedroom and the sweetheart was in great condition, not a superb finish but no stickers, markers, crayon, broken or missing bits - basically it's perfect and ready to be played with :D So it went home with a pretty happy young lady :D

Hope everyone's car troubles get worked out - I just bought a used suburban.. so I'm both excited.. and nervous! You just never know with a used car how long it will last or what hidden problems it might have so I so sympathize with you guys.

hugs to all,

David

oh the potty. Great great memories of teaching the kids to use it.

and the accidents. Lets just say ONE of my girls decided to clean herself. Lets just say I used alot of lysol to clean the bathroom! :o

Edit: Chelsea is talking about colleges. We keep telling her she needs to start researching scholarships but she is being lazy!

Does anyone know of any reputable scholarship sites I can force down her throat?

She is really really talking about going to art institute of chicago. CHICAGO! That is like as far away from us as she can possibly get!

She is also leaning toward RISD. That one is better. Only over the border in RI. She has given up on Cooper Union. She thinks she wouldnt get in plus the expenses of living in NYC. If you get in to CU, your tuition is free but you have to pay $15,000 a year in living expenses (it is in Greenwich Village, I think). :D

Lyme academy gave her applications for their school but she isnt interested. It is a fine art college and doesnt have graphics.

Then she tells me I have 14 months to get her a Ibook for college! I think the last of my hair on top of my head just fell out!

Oh here is the kicker... Next year..Chelsea will be 18 and going to college and Nat will be 13 and going to high school.. I am NOT 20 anymore..

Picked up another Sweetheart Dollhouse for a buck.. but it only got as far as the golf course with me - I gave it to one of my son's friends - she and her caretaker both have shown an interrest in dollhouses but aren't really sure - I bought a larger play type house to refurbish for her but it turns out to be a bit too large for her bedroom and the sweetheart was in great condition, not a superb finish but no stickers, markers, crayon, broken or missing bits - basically it's perfect and ready to be played with :( So it went home with a pretty happy young lady :(

David that was very nice of you, I'm sure she will love the sweetheart. My daughter was given one by her late great grandpa I built it for her when she was about 3 (she's 5 now) she loves playing with it with her beanie babies, that is if she can find it under all the other stuffed animals :D :o .

Hope everyone's car troubles get worked out - I just bought a used suburban.. so I'm both excited.. and nervous! You just never know with a used car how long it will last or what hidden problems it might have so I so sympathize with you guys.

Congrats on the suburban, I hope you don't have any problems either, used cars can be very nerve racking. Last October we got a used jimmy from a dealer and had to take it back for them to fix the transfer case and a few other things. Lucky we found the problems before the 30 day warnetee expired and didn't have to pay for them to fix it.

BIG HUGS :D

she needs to start researching scholarships but she is being lazy!

Does anyone know of any reputable scholarship sites I can force down her throat?

You could give her one LAST reminder; at 18 she wants to be an adult so much it won't hurt her to have some adult responsibility for her future, and if she misses out on a scholarship this year because she thinks you'll bail her out, she'll have another year to figure it out. This may sound harsh, but it will definitely be necessary if she winds up on her own in Chicago!

oooohhhh car troubles are the worse!

good luck to all for better days with the cars!

I sympathise with Heidi about college. our oldest son(21) was 1 point shy of a free ride to any school on his list

but opted for the military...he scored the highest score on the asvab that the recrouting office here has ever had (98) so he had many options. he is in the Marines and is now an Embassy Guard.

our middle son(19)...well lets just say he made us Grandparents. and than got his GED and is actually turning out to be more resposible than I ever thought he would be.

our youngest the princess(around here that doesnt mean anything good!) :o will be 15 on Sept 11 and starting High school and getting her permit. uuugggg and IM not 20 anymore either!

and than we have our new addition. my Gran who will be 86 in Oct.

we spent yesterday cleaning her room at my great Uncles house out. she had only been there 1 yr but we filled the back of our van with stuff....mostly MAIL! do yall have any idea how much mail a person on the Gulible list recieves in a yr? well its alot. took us 3 hours to do a 10x12 room with small bathroom.

can you see us trying to clean her house? 14 yrs of never throwing anything away!

than we changed the locks on her house and her outbuildings...my great Uncle has been using feeding her over 50 cats as an excuse to pilfer in her house...did I mention he was an antiques dealer most of his life? so he knows what is the most valuable to take. we are dealing with a nasty mess...not just talkin about the mess in the house but the one where we are dealing with him. our morning started with a phone call from him letting us know we will get ours. I take that as a threat. but as he is 79 and has been using my grans money for the last yr to live not sure what he can do but break into the house.

so here we are.

Im not sure what else we can do but pray it will all turn out for the best. we live 4 hours from her house.

yall have a good day!

:D nutti

Well Nutti, I dont know if you want to go this drastic but you can have an inventory done of her finances and belongings. She must have pictures around that show different pieces that were there and arent anymore. Just because he is her brother doesnt make it his right to rape her house!

I would also find out if he has his hands in the cookie jar so to speak. Like his name on her bank accounts and such. If he was withdrawing or writing checks without her permission, maybe he should be the one that is worried.

Otherwise, I would chalk it up as a loss, clean out her place, and let him stew in his own juices!

As for Chels being an adult and thinking we are going to bail her out, She knows we cant. We dont have ANY extra money to help with college. She knows she is on her own. Scholarships, grants, and student loans.. plus if she can get a work program in. She is a procrastinator (a gene she inherited from me). She will do what she has to. I told her I would do research and she would have to start working on 4 core essays that she can change and use to fit in different areas. We told her that when she finishes school and starts working, we would help how we could to help her pay off her loans until she is better established. She IS working on her art portfolio though! She has to have 25 pieces for the class this year but I think she is going to try to make more.

Tomorrow she is going to be emailing the local museum and local galleries to find out about volunteering. I also suggested she could volunteer for A Moveable Feast. You deliver meals to people shut in with cancer and AIDS. She has to perform 30 hrs of volunteering to graduate from high school. She has already done 10.

I'm sorry to hear about everyone's car troubles. I hope they get resolved soon without great expense.

I have some good news I want to share. My oldest (11) DGD was in her first Taekwondo Tournment this weekend and places 1st in weapons and 3rd in sparing. We are so proud of her. She was so nervous, the look on her face before the tournment began we were sure she was going to be sick. But once she started loosening up and going thru the exercises she did wonderful. We were especially surprised at how well she did in sparing because she is normally our vocal one and not a fighter.

Big {{{{{HUGGS}}}}} to everyone. It seems to be that type of week. Last Monday Chris (Hubby) called me about 15 min after he left to go to work. Someone driving too fast hit him from behind. He is okay but sore back and I could not get him to go to the doctor though.

The person had insurance this time so maybe the damage will be fixed this time.

Terri, sometimes letting out a good flood of tears really help! I do hope things get better for everyone!

Big, big (((HUGS))) all 'round. What a horrible EVERYTHING except for Peggi's news...

Y'all have made me feel both better about getting nothing done last week (because lassitude kept me out of trouble) and worse ('cause what the heck do I have to complain about, having all my limbs, motor vehicles, and most relatives in working order?).

Okay, my MIL did call to say an uncle DH hadn't seen in 30 years had died, but that call is memorable largely because she told me about having to tell her husband, who is deep in Alzheimer's. She was worried that he'd be upset about his brother dying, but he just told her that couldn't have possibly happened and went back to his TV show. The up side of senility... :D

He is okay but sore back and I could not get him to go to the doctor though.

Men! Bless their hearts. If Chris starts complaining about numbness or tingling anywhere, tie him up and take him to the doctor yourself! If it's the other person's fault, and they have insurance, their insurance is supposed to pay for ANY medical attention. Nothing like having possible whiplash & letting it go untreated.

Peggi, Woohoo on your grands tournament success! You must be so proud. It is hard to find kids these days that will MOVE their bodies for anything but the remote or computer mouse!

Tracy, When I had a car accident a couple years ago (totalled camry, woman going too fast), I felt okay at the scene, but later on I didnt feel well. Dh dragged me to ER toot sweet to make sure everything was ok. Every was. I just had stress pain. Everything hurt from clenching my muscles from the impact.

Make him go!!!!!!!!!! Withhold favors like food etc to bribe him to go! Not only for insurance purposes but also because if he does have something hurt, they can get to it now and maybe be able to do something!

I am still under the weather but I THINK it might be a virus of some sort. Blood sugars are still good. I am not getting blood work done yet for doctor visit cause if I have an infection, it is going to show as HIGH A1C in my blood tests. I still have time to get it done. I dont want her to stick me on insulin cause I am sick and she thinks it is something else.

I have lost weight! LOL Upside of being ill. Not hungry. Dh bought me a hershey bar yesterday cause I just couldnt eat anything and I SHARED it. Who, but a sick person, shares a small hershey bar with almonds?? LOL

The house is a mess (girls are helping cause they know I am under the weather), and I am just working on Marquam lil bit at a time cause I want to do something.

It is in the upper 60s.. willing it to stay that way for the rest of the day!!

Well he keeps saying his back hurt because he "Slept on it funny" Last night I mentioned it has been hurting since the accident and he just ignored me and kept p[laying "Cash Flow" with the kids. :( He hates going to the doctors (I do too though :o ). His next step is to not tell me that it is hurting.

He is worse than the kids sometimes when it comes to certain things. :D

<I really, really HATE to nag!>

Tracy, one of my nursing instructors hurt her neck coming in to do a hospital clinical with us and it to took workman's comp two weeks to approve her for an orthopedist, by which time she was in a cervical collar and even with PT she wound up losing most of her cervical (neck & shoulder) range of motion, which made it nearly impossible for her to drive, and she retired shortly after we graduated with a permanent injury.

PLEASE hog-tie Chris and take him to the doctor.

Feeling better today. I know if I show improvement the teens are going to jump on me like a couple of hyenas on a carcass.

They want to go to thrift stores. It is in the 80s-90s out. Thrift stores are notorious in our area for NOT having AC!

Now I could hand them the money and say go yourself but they wont do that. My apron strings arent long enough!

Chels is going to be getting her senior class pics done in a week. Still trying to find a place that she approves of to do her makeup! Teenagers...grrrr

Still trying to get in touch with her guidance counselor. I dont understand how you can totally ignore someone after they leave you umm....around 10 messages that dd needs to fix schedule b4 school starts!

I think I will just drag her up there.

Nat is almost finished reading her school book *HOOT*. We had to bribe her. I know I know but she hates to read and she has to read it! She can get Henna tattos when she is done. Those are the kind that arent permanent.

Nat is almost finished reading her school book *HOOT*.

We LOVED that book!!! Of course, I'll read anything Carl Hiassen writes, his Miami Herald columns are really wonderful!

The movie "Hoot" was also most excellent.

I'm glad you're feeling better Heidi, and I understand about the school thing. I'm waiting for Chris's school to send me a list of supplies that he's going to need and I really don't want to start buying without knowing if I'm getting the right stuff.

I haven't had a lot of time to sit down on the computer lately, last week I had to take Chris to the doctor for his ear and they said it was just a build up of wax and the flushed it out. On Sunday morning he came to me in tears saying his ear was hurting again, when I looked in it it was almost completely closed <_< so I immediately called the doctor and told him. Bright and early Monday morning we were back at the doctors and here his ear didn't drain right from the flushing and gave him an infection. After 2 days of perscribed ear drops so far so good, his ear swelling is going down and it's starting to open back up thank heavens, he still has to endure the drops 4 times a day for 5 more days but I don't think he really minds as long as it doesn't hurt.

I hope everything is back to normal now, whatever normal is anymore :rolleyes: .

Annette, I also suffer from excessive wax buildup. It can render you practically deaf if you dont get it taken care of.

I learned a trick from my ENT dr. Get some peroxide, pour some in the cap, pour the capful in your ear canal, head tipped sideways. You will hear it bubble and fizz. It might even bubble over. then tip head into sink and drain, repeat a couple times on both ears. It helps keep the wax buildup down.

I learned a trick from my ENT dr. Get some peroxide, pour some in the cap, pour the capful in your ear canal, head tipped sideways. You will hear it bubble and fizz. It might even bubble over. then tip head into sink and drain, repeat a couple times on both ears. It helps keep the wax buildup down.

If you're anything like me you may want to do this sitting down. I tried this several years ago and found that I get really dizzy when the peroxide bubbles. And oh do I feel for Chris. I suffered from ear infections a lot when I was little. Fortunately I still have good hearing but the first sign of allergies or cold always hit my ears - before I'll get a scratchy throat my ears will be acting up.

-David

Oh yes.. (Doh!) you must be sitting, preferably on the toilet, cause the cold peroxide can make you feel funny. I used to have the dr also then flush the ear with a bulb syringe to get out the loose wax but I am too queazy to do that myself.

I used to have an older ENT (as a kid) who used to be so good that he could take a pick and hook the buildup and pull it right out!

I was at the ENT all the time as a child. Ear infections were the norm. Get a cold, straight to the ears!. Bronchitis, strep throat, etc. Now I am an adult and dealing with the Meneire`s disease. I joke with family that eventually I will have one of those horns sticking out of my ear saying" Heh, what ya say?" If anyone has a cold, I treat them like they have the plague. I cant afford to get a cold! Not that I work outside of the home but I will suffer for weeks with it! Nothing worse then a sinus infection!

Thanks Heidi, I'll remember that so next time it starts up I'll try it. This was the first time anything like this happened with Chris's ears. Amber was the one with ear infections when she was a baby, starting when she was a month old and they stopped getting infected when she was about 2.

I definately understand your allergies David both Chris and DH suffer from them. It seems like they are allergic to everything grass, trees, dust, mold, milk, wheat, peanuts, dogs, cats you name it those two are allergic to it, at least that's what their blood work reports says. Chris loves eating peanut butter sandwiches and had no side effects what-so-ever and they both live with our cat with no ill effects. Neither of them complain about their ears when their allergies act up or when they get sick, but DH is stubborn and doesn't tell me anything until he's pale with a fever and tries to go to work saying 'I'm fine it's just a little cold' :rolleyes: . Chris seems to be the same way he'll tell me somethings wrong when he can't stand the pain anymore or I annoy him about it. <_<