Ding, Dong, the deer is dead..

MerriMagic

I FINALLY got that ugly, yukky, creepy little mounted deer head off MMoggie's second floor hallway wall!

That thing was glued so firmly it might as well have sprouted roots..but I tried a suggestion to use Vinegar to help loosen it up, and it WORKED. So don't give up, those of you, who have really wierd stuff welded to the innards of your Craigslist finds. Vinegar really does work on some glues!

That, and a wee bit of help with a razor saw to get a groove around the mounted head in the first place, (I didn't want to totally saw it off because I think my saw would have gotten jammed in the tight groove..) got it off the wall without too much trouble.

Thank goodness..it was in a wierd spot, and made no sense evefor it to be where it was. I almost believe a child might have put it there, because an adult wouldn't have permanently mounted anything on a wall that had no wallpaper or paint., would they?

I may keep the little bodiless critter tho..it could go in an attic as a forgotten relic..or I could even install it in the gift shop..it could be a magical sentinel with glittering eyes, that shouts "THIEF! THIEF!" if some dishonest soul tries to pocket a gift without paying for it.

MWHAHAHA!

:bear: