well this is disappointing.....

KellyFG

So I placed an order last week & tried using the paypal feature, since I haven't used my paypal account in ages something was screwy and the needed to verify my bank info. So I emailed HBS to say I was having a problem & asked if I could pay by regular credit card. They said yes, to call during business hours but I couldn't call the next day. So over the weekend I tried Paypal again & it worked so I went back to my pending order & payed with paypal. all was well I THOUGHT!

I got an email today from paypal saying nobody had collected the funds, so I called HBS again & they told me I didn't authorize them to take it????? What????? But they really didn't have a clue...so after a total for THREE phone calls in a row I was successfully transfered to Harry's voicemail.

No resolution yet, we shall see but so far its off to a very bad start for me!!!!

Wow they're taking Paypal with the new site launch? That is new. I placed an order a week before they launched a new site, my first order in a few months, & they definitely weren't taking Paypal then. I'm glad they're now offering that feature, hopefully they'll work out the bugs soon.

:) Crystal

At my old job I used to be very involved with the company's online store and I can say from experience that it takes some time to work out the kinks with PayPal. Unfortunately using PayPal is a lot less straightforward than using a credit card because it usually involves transferring the customer away from the online store in order to finish the transaction, and sometimes there are problems with the final confirmation going through (PayPal notifying the store that the payment was received). The only way to get it working better is through trial and error, but the good news is HBS has great customer service and I'm sure they'll do their best to iron out the wrinkles.

(In this case, I bet the problem had to do with your order being a pending order when you were finally able to make the payment. Sounds like it was never updated in HBS's system -- which would mean they didn't get the notification they needed from PayPal that the payment had been made. Maybe PayPal didn't send it to them, or maybe they did and HBS's store didn't know how to attach that confirmation to your order in progress. Either way, it sounds just like some of the issues we used to run into a lot!)

Look at it this way -- your bad experience is going to help them improve it for future orders! All of us owe you our thanks. :)

But they really didn't have a clue...so after a total for THREE phone calls in a row I was successfully transfered to Harry's voicemail.

No resolution yet, we shall see but so far its off to a very bad start for me!!!!

I feel your pain.

Kelly, I was having trouble viewing my order status and was wondering if my Paypal payment had gone through as well. They're having a few issues with PayPal syncing iwth the new site, but they're working on them. I got a note back saying my house was shipping tomorrow...I'm sure your order is fine too.

I'm hopeful it will work out but when I called today they weren't helpful at all :)

And I left a message for Harry mid-day and sent an email & I haven't received any reply at all!!! Not even to acknowledge the issue.

I've ordered from theem before & never needed any help from customer service, but I always heard how "good" they are. I was sorely disappointed today. I hope I hear back from them soon or I will cancel & order somewhere else.

UPDATE!!!!!

Harry replied via email, was very apologetic & admits they are having major paypal issues. I forwarded him the email paypal sent me so hopefully it will all get worked out today!

Thanks for all the support, I will keep you posted!

As of this morning, there is no update. I forwarded the paypal email to Harry, as per his request and I'm waiting for the resolution. The things I ordered are mostly components that I sure would have liked to have this weekend when I will actually have some time to mini.

Im having fun on their site, submitting reviews of everything Ive bought. In all cases (so far,that Ive seen)Im the first to review the Greenleaf houses. Lets show some love people!

That's a great idea Karin! :bear:

YIPPPEEEEE!!! I got an email saying my order shipped!!!!

Ok its a happy ending!

Yay!!!