Found the perfect color for my Beacon Hill!

Little House fan

DSC01604.JPG

I am so happy that I finally found the right color paint for my Beacon Hill rehab! I don't know about you, but color is my main inspiration; until I get just the right one, I am stuck and uninspired. It sounds like a small thing to be celebrating, but I just couldn't move forward or even know the personality of the house until the color was right. I know that you all understand!!

Part of my problem was that I was limiting myself to acrylic paints from the craft section. Usually that works but not this time. Now I am hooked on buying the sample size paints from Home Depot from collections like Martha Stewart. That sample pot is just right for minis! This paint color is Mushroom and the trim is Sharkey Grey (almost a white).

Now I'm adding architectural details...

That shade of gray is perfect. Love what you did with your porch, too.

The porch is a work in progress and came about because the old one had been completely broken off and lost over the years. I salvaged a couple of pieces but that's it, poor baby! Did you notice that I added a little window next to the front door too? Can't wait til the trim is complete!

I'm working on a BH, too and had like 14 paint samples taped up to the side of it trying to decide the "just right" shade. Totally understand what you are saying and congratulations! Very sophisticated color scheme and looks great on your house. The color totally dictates the personality of the house.