I'm new at this

Hi all, I am attempting to build a Bayberry. Just found the missing instructions on this site, and am wondering what to do for the missing windows. If anyone has the windows that are not installed yet, would it be possible to copy them on a copy machine so I have some idea what they look like? I am thinking that I might even be able to take a copy and put it on a transparency and make it work. Since I don't even know what I don't have for sure I hope this might work.

Sarah

Once you dry-fit your frames you can use transparency film, acetate, or whatever to make window inserts. In my Arthur blog I described how I made a "stained glass" window from a piece of acetate scrap packaging "blister" to replace a missing insert.

Thanks, I'll check out your blog. I've owned this kit for over 8 years, and now, all of a sudden I'm so excited to get the instructions and get it built and decorated. There is a wealth of information here.

Sarah

Hi Sarah,

Welcome to the forum. Wish I could help you out here. I've used transparancies to replace the acetate window sheets but haven't tried printing on any of them yet. Just wanted to say Hi and Welcome ;)

-David

Hi, and welcome to the forum!! The advice already given is great, but I wanted to add my two cents. You know that you can print out on transparencies on your computer? I just tried printing out a "stained glass window" and it turned out beautifully!! So it makes me think that you could probably also print out windows of any type, with a little bit of playing with it for measurements.

Good luck!!!!