What is going on?

I can understand that, but I really dont think it would replace what we have here..I think it would be a way to direct more people here,ultimately. Say,for instance, someone is on FB, then wants to look up dollhouses, they would put dollhouses in the FB search bar and a list would come up, with Greenleaf as one of the names....then if they clicked on Greenleaf (the trick to getting them to click on GL would be to use a catchy profile picture,like one of Tracys houses)...then in the 'info' section of the GL FB page,it would have this forums address and the main GL address. Its free advertising that could draw in many people.

Just a word about not wanting your personal identity on FB. You can have a profile picture of a dog or cat,or anything else or nothing for that matter...with a made up name, no one would know who it was,filling out any personal info is optional.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another person here who won't go near Facebook..or any of those other social networking sites, even the ones supposedly "professional linkers", like Link'd or whatever it's called. Just don't trust their sloppines with privacy issues...and..surprise here..I really am a very private person.

I'm happy just hanging out here and on one other internet site..which also doesn't have a Facebook page. There IS a "life" outside of Facebook! :(

I do miss the Halloween fun thing we had here though. I was wondering what happened to it..and then saw this thread about it being a prime hacking problem, so I fully understand an appreciate why it was not repeated. But it was great fun! :wave:

The contests are a lot of fun, whether we participate or merely watch, but that October madness turned into exactly that! At least we still have the Spring Fling, and it's not only good at recruiting new members, but also getting the new kits out there and built!

Halloween was fun but it did get out of hand. People were downright mean and rude..those are the types that only come for the contest and they are never seen or heard from again.

I think just having the Spring Fling is good enough for now. I am a self described Facebook junkie and I have to agree that Greenleaf should stay the way it is. If we had a FB page, no one would come here. People would want to post their pics over on FB. This way we have our own little world and people have to come to US.

We are not a pit stop on the way to Bejeweled Blitz (guilty!)

So this is someone who loves her FB..No Greenleaf on FB!! I like this to be separate! :wave:

Love you Dean and Co.

I dont post pictures of my houses or projects on the HBS Facebook page because when I do, I get friend requests and I dont like adding ppl to my friends list that I dont personally know. Then I feel like they think Im being snob for not adding them. I just think of it as one way to bring in young ppl or just newbies,and that is the future of the hobby. I have posted a few of my pictures to the HBS page, and I always direct people to my gallery here to see more pictures. From doing that I know for a fact Ive brought ppl here,who wouldnt otherwise have known about it.

One more thing to consider, I have somewhere around 150 friends, and thats about average,many of us here are also on FB....say we each have an average of 100 to 500 friends (people who do the gaming have more friends)....if all of us have Greenleaf as one of our pages,which can be seen by all of those people when they look on our profile....thats a LOT of exposure for the company.

I hope the In Memoriam can happen, I think that would be very special.

This thread really took on a life of its own..lol:)

I've been on Facebook, but I'm concerned about privacy, security, etc. Maybe I'm not young enough....

(Not to offend the younger people, and not to offend people of any age that love Facebook)

I feel safer here.

(Not to offend anyone that loves Facebook.)

I would also like to add a comment that has been made about people coming here and taking ideas and leaving. I don't know think there is anyway around that, but I do think it is courteous if someone copies a printie, etc., that they at least say thanks or something.

(Not to offend anyone that doesn't say thanks or something)

Adding 2 penn'orth

I visit the Miniatures .com facebook page but its usually a cursary scan of posts. Here, I spend far more time reading posts - not necessarily responding - and checking the gallery. Its far better organised than facebook and you can find stuff here. Hope it stays as it is.

"Halloween was fun but it did get out of hand. People were downright mean and rude..those are the types that only come for the contest and they are never seen or heard from again."

Oh, you're kidding! I was not aware of that.

Well, that really stinks. I loved Halloween madness, and was looking forward to some fun in here again this month.

*humph*

Well, it's not like I have time to make much but, I do love the eye candy :wave:

hahaha! Don't run Heidi! Don't hurt yourself! *hugs*

I'm doing well but, super duper busy with my business!

How are YOU doing Heidi!?

I am so ready for 10/31! Wishing like heck that I had time to finish 667 Hemlock Hollow to share with you all but, trust me it won't be ready. I still have 1/4th of the work left.

Are you ready Heidi? :wave: hehehe

I need to try and check in here more heh? :D

Hugs,

Monica

I really want to clarify what I said concerning "old" members.

I'm talking about members who were here when I joined and they would post everyday. They would post and get a bazillion replies. Now, poof! They're gone.

I NEVER want to offend anyone....EVER, and I'm sorry if my "old" members comment was out of line. :wave:

I'm not only an OLD member, but I'm an OF, too; and it never offends me.

Monica, when you aren't here I miss you! I gather you haven't started on The Burrow, either? I thought of you earlier this week when I got into a frenzy & watched all the HP movies I've got, back-to-back.

Ha! Holly, I'm so DYIN" to get that Burrow going!

I had and Idea that I think will work thought through the inspiration of one of this years Spring Fling entrants.

So, I went and purchased all of the houses pieces, and am ready to go! Whoo hooo!

Really, I so desperately need to finish the Alchemists house 1st though :wave:

I wish I could have been there with you on the H.P. Marathon! New one comes out next month Holly!

Life Monica..Life is going on. But you know how I am. I roll with it. I am slowly decorating the outside of the house for Halloween. I have become friends with one of my neighbors and she wanted me to decorate because she did not want to be the only one. I have scaled back alot over the years because the girls are older and we do not get many trick or treaters.

So I told her that I will do it. We will put out a sign at the end of our dark Dead end street to say there is candy down here! If we get more then 10 treaters, I will do it again next year. If it is a bust again..I am done. Until I have grandbabies.

I am glad to see you and hope you can pop in more often! We miss you!

I really want to clarify what I said concerning "old" members.

I'm talking about members who were here when I joined and they would post everyday. They would post and get a bazillion replies. Now, poof! They're gone.

I NEVER want to offend anyone....EVER, and I'm sorry if my "old" members comment was out of line. :wave:

I know you didn't mean 'old' people :D lol

I think it was more the thought of those that joined years ago, posted a couple times and never came back, rather than those that post irregularly. If you click on the Members link above you can see when someone joined, how many posts, and when the last time was that they logged in. Someone for example that signed up in July 06, posted 5 times and last logged in in Oct 06. I'm sure that if at any point GL did want to clean up the Members they'd send everyone an email to let them know to log in if they hadn't posted in ages but wanted to remain a member or something similar. But I know they wouldn't just drop someone cause they hadn't posted in a few months or even a year or two!!

I shudder to think of the down time for the site to put all these "housecleaning" options into effect would take, and RL does have a nasty way of interfering with our mini time, much less our forum time. And I AM older than dirt! and don't care who knows it, and no one can accuse me of not posting much :wave:

So how about we get back to minis and give this poor dead horse a rest?

Also, people signed up as members and rather "read" and be less involved. I take a less active roll on some forums I belong to because my life may be more busy now than when I first joined them. I stay a member because, I like it there and I can post when I am ready to. I'd hate to be "cleaned out" just because I have not posted recently.

I'm sure that if at any point GL did want to clean up the Members they'd send everyone an email to let them know to log in if they hadn't posted in ages but wanted to remain a member or something similar. But I know they wouldn't just drop someone cause they hadn't posted in a few months or even a year or two!!

This is correct. We would not just delete people because of inactivity on the forum. Some people sign up for the forum & the newsletter and they like being signed up for both. I personally have several customers who are members here and they log in regularly but have never posted here though being members here for years.

So how about we get back to minis and give this poor dead horse a rest?

I agree Holly :wave: