Messages Won't Delete

Merry

The messages in my inbox will not delete, go away or hide. I am/was also having problems deleting my sent messages; they would end up in my inbox. I'm afraid to look again. I know that I deleted them and did not send them to my inbox. I know because I tried several times.

My inbox just keeps getting larger!

If this is confusing, it is for me, too.

I'm pretty sure it's not just me. I'm pretty sure that this is really, truly happening. (although I have yet ANOTHER migraine headache today).

If you can help, that will be great. If not, it's okay, too, because I'm not going to worry about it.

I am going to my big comfy chair, and then to lah lah land.

I checked again just now, and ALL of my inbox messages have been deleted including a few that I wanted to save! One that I really wanted to save was from Nancy Fischer who has since died.

The others that I wanted to save were from forum members with their information about what they made and sold.

No idea, the only way I can delete more than one message is to check the boxes. I have, however, learned not to do anything on the computer (or otherwise) when I'm in the throes of a headache...

I checked and the messages that I deleted have stayed deleted. I am so sorry that you lost all those messages. I really do not know if there is a way to retrieve them. Message Tracy and see if she can contact the guy that works on the website. Maybe he can retrieve them but do not get your hopes up.

I'm sorry you lost your messages. I looked at your profile in the admin tools and I don't see anything that explains why you were having trouble deleting the messages or where they went. Unfortunately I think once they're gone, they're gone.

There's a link on the left of the private message screen that says "Empty PM folders" -- I don't want to try it and accidentally delete all my messages, but I suspect that clicking it clears out all the stored messages. Maybe you clicked on that by mistake?

For future reference, there's also an "Archive Messages" link. You can use this to make a backup of your messages before deleting them.

• 2 weeks later...