Anyone remember title of this book?

Sherry

Well, I'm pretty sure it was from Scholastic. I bought tons of those, which I gave to my DIL for a reading class in college! So I'll have to go to Barnes and Noble and start hunting. Thanks to everyone, I have a list of books to start with, anyway!

It would be a newer book, in the past 10-15 years, probably. It's either one I bought from scholastic, or one I got out of the school library. As I said, one picture is of the mouse in her matchbox bed with a bright quilt, a stool made out of a thimble, and a lamp, but can't remember what it was made from. I think there was a picture of her grandfather or mother on the wall, and it was a very detailed watercolor or colored pencil type drawing. I hope this helps, I'd love to find this book! I can't even remember the story, except for this mouse being in it, and at the end of the book she goes back in her hole in the wall and it shows her in bed. Thanks so much everyone, for your efforts to help, I really do want to find it!

Sherry, we have been discussing books about mice for a couple of days now.....I don't know how I could have forgotten about a blog that I follow. This woman makes the most incredible mice and the scenes that she does are in the flavor of the book that you are talking about. I love this site. http://mouseshouses.blogspot.com/ Let me know what you think.

Those are wonderful, Casey! Exacctly the style I've got in mind...household objects adapted for mouse use. I should have known someone was already doing it, but I love them! Now to find the book, or one similar, and get started. Thanks so much for the link, Casey!

You'd think I'd know something like that, but the only mouse story I can remember is The Mouse and the Motorcycle by Beverly Cleary.

I will definitely check out that site that costs $2, because I have a book I've been looking for for decades, about the three dachshunds named Pumpkin, Ginger and Spice. So when I do that, I'll let you guys know how it works.

I have a book I've been looking for for decades, about the three dachshunds named Pumpkin, Ginger and Spice. So when I do that, I'll let you guys know how it works.

Bakeshop Puppies: Pumpkin, Ginger and Spice Margaret G Otto, I don't know where you can find it but maybe the authors name will help.

Are these the ones that wore the little raincoats, green, red and yellow?

OMG - I didn't think anyone had ever heard of them! Going to look that up right now now that I have the author's name. I'm good at finding old books, but I need to have something go on first. Thank you so much!

I also found this site

http://www.rob.com/harriett/stump.html

it costs $2.00 but you describe a book and they will do their best to find the title and the author. Site looks legit to me.

And Thank you so much,Rhonda for this site!!! I already found a book that I had forgotten about long ago!! :)

I went to Barnes and Noble yesterday. The lady in the childrens section went through every listing under 'mouse' in her computer and we couldn't find anything. It may be out of print. So, any good suggestions for a mouse themed book for kids? I didn't find much of anything on their shelves other than 'when you give a mouse a cookie'.

Try the Redwall series..by Brian Jacques. He's got at least 12 books in that series, and several of the heros/heroines would be perfect! His books are EVERYWHERE, you can't miss em in a library. Wait I'll get you a link. This is one of the heroines

Mariel of Redwall

:wave:

I don't know what age bracket you are going for, but there is a series of books by Heather S. Buchanan about George, Emily and Matilda Mouse. One in the series is called (of all things..)

"George and Matilda Mouse and the Dollhouse" :wave: The story is about George and Matilda getting married and looking for a house - they just happen to find a dollhouse :cheer:

These may be more difficult to locate new, but Amazon.com does have some new ones of her other stories, and also used copies of most. Might be worth looking into anyway.

Also, Nutmeg & Tumtum: Adventures Beyond Nutmouse Hall by Emily Bearn. This is a 400+ page book with a series of stories in it.

• 9 years later...

I have been searching for  a tiny girl who had a matchstick case as a bed and a thimble as a stool- I thought her name was polly but could be wrong. I loved that book and have been searching for the name of it for years. It was not a mouse book though. Doe this ring any bells for anyone? 

4 hours ago, LizBarr said:

I have been searching for  a tiny girl who had a matchstick case as a bed and a thimble as a stool- I thought her name was polly but could be wrong. I loved that book and have been searching for the name of it for years. It was not a mouse book though. Doe this ring any bells for anyone? 

Was she made of hickory sticks and an acorn? She lived in a tree? I remember that story as well as the littles and the borrowers.

• 1 year later...

Hey!!! I know this might be almost 12 years later but I think the story you are referring to is poppy! 

POPPY: THE ADVENTURES OF A FAIRY https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0007I8I8G/ref=cm_sw_r_awdo_navT_g_MRNMHGYMBW4P2E5YREGD

I remember being read this story and it was one of my faves. It's funny how no one knew about it and I hope that you found it before but for anyone else on this thread the girl that sleeps in a matchbox is Poppy!