I've Lost 10% of My My Bodyweight!!

Tonight it's official! I've lost 10% of my body weight, gone from a body mass index of 49.8 to 44.8, lost 3" off my waist, torso and (finally) the hips! The next inch off waist and torso is beginning to show up.

I've been going to Water Aerobics and Boot Camp twice a week each, and swimming up to a mile. I've gone on 3 hikes. I go to the gym almost every day (I've missed 7 days to date).

It hasn't been easy. I've had two exercise related injuries and one non exercise injury, which have made doing land based exercise difficult.

I'm so excited! :cheer: :wub: :o ;) :bear:

Now for the next 10%

Congrats! I am not sure how to calculate % lost, but I have lost 21 pounds since the end of May. I count calories (most days) and if I can't make a Zumba class, hubby and I walk every day.

Champagne - 35 pounds is excellent! I try to go into zen mode when I'm doing some things like swimming, but then I lose track of the laps! Try listening to audio books as you exercise. A gripping book can keep you exercising long after you'd have quit, otherwise. Or try a short hike - you get to enjoy the fresh air, the sounds of nature, beautiful terrain, and there's not a better way to get your cardio done.

Audra - if a person weighing 200 pounds loses 10 pounds, they've lost 5%, 20 pounds is 10%. Body mass index has more variables, chiefly gender and height and sometimes age. Try typing "body mass index (or BMI) calculator in you search engine.

I'm afraid I've been too chicken to print my starting weight, lol, but the BMI is bad enough. Maybe I'll overcome my embarassment as the weight gets smaller.

Champagne - 35 pounds is excellent! I try to go into zen mode when I'm doing some things like swimming, but then I lose track of the laps! Try listening to audio books as you exercise. A gripping book can keep you exercising long after you'd have quit, otherwise. Or try a short hike - you get to enjoy the fresh air, the sounds of nature, beautiful terrain, and there's not a better way to get your cardio done.

Audra - if a person weighing 200 pounds loses 10 pounds, they've lost 5%, 20 pounds is 10%. Body mass index has more variables, chiefly gender and height and sometimes age. Try typing "body mass index (or BMI) calculator in you search engine.

I'm afraid I've been too chicken to print my starting weight, lol, but the BMI is bad enough. Maybe I'll overcome my embarassment as the weight gets smaller.

Lynette, if I can own up to past horrible sins, then you can LOL! Though I still can't believe this was actually true, at one time not so very long ago I weighed in at a horrifying 320 lbs! Yeah, I dunno how that happened, either - until the mid-1990's (when I achieved that hideous high - or low - point) I'd always been just where I should have been, in fact was skinny as a kid. Nowadays I'm down around 225 and aiming for 140, which will be just fine with my height of 5'8".

But, dear Lord, getting rid of it once you've got it is AWFUL hard work!

Okay, Lynette, forgive yourself, for you have sinned. It has been 170 pounds since you weighed 120 pounds. Absolve yourself of your sins and go do 32 laps in the pool, 30 minutes on the treadmill, a full set of weight machine training, 100 crunches, and then do some more! Hallelujah for each pound shed forever and ever, Amen!

No shame allowed! We are a nation plagued by obesity, and the problem is getting worse. On Dr. Oz they showed the youth of the future if things go on at the rate they are, the grandchildren of today's youth - a young lady weighing 190 pounds.

You need to check embarrassment and shame at the door, because if you only exercise once you're skinny (after the diet has magically cured the problem, we delude ourselves) it will never happen. The first time I went to Boot Camp I was dismayed to see I was the heaviest person by a clear 100 pounds, but I took a deep breath and went in - I need it more than they do.