Dollhouse plans from 1937

JaniceG

I'm wondering about what they're calling wallboard, it's only 3/16 inch wide, and bendable, certainly not what we call wallboard today. I've seen some kind of wall panels being removed in old houses, it was some sort of thick cardboard looking stuff. I wonder if that's what they mean.

I was actually going to come on here and ask about materials to make a curve like that. The project is in its infancy in my brain. BTW, there are at least 6 or 7 dollhouse plans in those popular mechanics archives, this one just spoke to me the loudest.

Janice, I looked down the list a little ways and found this.

http://books.google.com/books?id=MYxka9QDZ...p;q&f=false

It is the house, plus other houses and even furniture plans! Thanks for this site. I love the "apartment dollhouse" on this one. They even have plans for a turn table for your house.

This whole thread is cool, lol. I love the dollhouses..and I think foam core would work well. You might even find some round cardboard containers that could work for the round rooms of the house...adjusting the size of the other rooms proportionatly.

MM :)

I used to be able to get the ice cream containers from Baslkin Robins after they were emptied. They worked well for round sections after being cleaned. I don't know if theirs are still carcboard or not. I wonder.....

OK, so I have a stupid question.

I'm not usually this stupid but lately I have scrambled eggs for brains.

How do you print all these incredibly cool patterns and designs?

I tried everything I knew of selecting, copying, pasting, etc. and can only get the side bar ads and header/footers to print.

OK, so I have a stupid question.

I'm not usually this stupid but lately I have scrambled eggs for brains.

How do you print all these incredibly cool patterns and designs?

I tried everything I knew of selecting, copying, pasting, etc. and can only get the side bar ads and header/footers to print.

You can't copy and print from google books due to copyright. There is a way to take a screenshot if you use the firefox browser, but I don't want to get in trouble for explaining how. Of course, since the magazine is so old, I don't know that you would ever find one to buy!

On another note, I'm am going to do it in half scale in 1/4" foam core. I just don't have that much space and there are so many awesome houses to build!

I will probably get in trouble for saying this, but when something comes up that I can't copy and it is for my own use only, I cheat and take a photo of it with my camera. Then all I have to do is size it and print it. OK....I am running and hiding now so that I won't be around when people start throwing rocks at me for doing something bad.

That house is really neat--thanks for sharing! I had sketched out ideas for a 20's/30's house after I picked up an interior design book from the early 1940's at a library book sale, but was sort of stuck on the exterior design--this gives lots of ideas!!

I don't condone copying copyrighted material either, but some keyboards have a print screen button...may only be compatible with certain browsers/settings/computer stuff...wouldn't know for sure...

Tappy