Hello, my introduction

Joeanna

Hi,

I just joined today and have learned so much already. Because of my love of detail, I was drawn to the Glencroft. I have always been interested in miniatures since I was a child. I have done a few 1:12 room boxes and a quarter scale room box. Since my husband recently took early retirement, I now have more time to add the construction of a dollhouse to list of other things I do.

I am a lacemaker/lace collector and I also make Ukrainian eggs. I told you I love detail. I look forward to learning from all of you and loving every minute of making my Glencroft.

Joeanna

Welcome, Joeanna! You will feel right at home here - everyone is very friendly and willing to help answer questions, describe techniques, etc. I will be the first to ask - do you have pics to share? :D (I'm terribly remiss myself. No good at posting pictures. :lol: ) But I know everyone likes their "eye-candy"!

am a lacemaker/lace collector and I also make Ukrainian eggs.

No wonder you like minis! Welcome again. I have enough trouble remembering how to tat without trying it in 1:12 scale (I can crochet & knit in mini)! Actually I have seen OTHER PEOPLE's 1:12 pillows, pins & bobbins with strips of partially made lace and it hurts my eyes to think about making it that small

Welcome Welcome Welcome.. ;)

When I was young (7 or 8) we went to an art show and my dad became very intrigued by the Ukrainian Eggs. He bought me a kit and I started straight away on it.

If I remember correctly it involves a stick with a metal poke on the end of it, wax, dye, and you put layers and layers of wax and dye in designs on the egg. Then you melt wax off and start again. I never finished. I dont remember how you finish it but I did enjoy it while it lasted. But I am happy to say, I never burned the house down while doing it! :p

I think if I started that craft while I was older, I would have enjoyed it more.

You must post pictures of your work! Dollhouse related and otherwise!

Heidi

Hi Joeanna! Welcome to the forum. I would love to see pictures of your eggs. When I lived in Germany, I learned how to make Christmas ornaments out of eggs using jewels and to this day, I have never seen anything like them. If you do tatting, you are indeed a patient person! Please post pictures when you can.