unable to get onto this site

pin1056

i've been asked via friends on facebook to post and tell you that there are a growing number of members who cant load the site...forum or shop...is there a problem with the server?

o myyyyyyyyy how frustrating that must be!!!

anyone else having a problem?

I have to unplug my wifi router to be able to get on the site. Just one day I could not get on anymore unless I unplugged it. I figured out that was a temp fix because I called the cable/internet company to ask what was up!!

I am glad that I am not the only one..It has been going on for over a week.

Not the problem. I even tried changing from IE to Firefox. I can get on it one time, and then it may be 24 hours before I can get on it again. Not happening anywhere but here! So if you don't hear from me, or Jo, or some of the others, it's the 'off' time.

I'm using Chrome with no problems at all. For those of you having problems, let's help out our tech guys with a little information. Please post:

What browser are you using?

Which security software do you use (Nortons, AVG, McAfee, etc)?

Are you accessing the site via a bookmark, a link from another site, or by typing the url directly into the address bar?

Are you getting a specific error message or just a generic "page cannot be displayed"? (if you're getting an error message, please post it word for word)

Thanks for your help. That information will help our tech guys in figuring out what's causing the problem.

To the techy guys, I know of at least one member who is able to access the forum but can't post anything. She can write a PM but she can't post a reply in a thread.

Deb

To the techy guys, I know of at least one member who is able to access the forum but can't post anything. She can write a PM but she can't post a reply in a thread.

Deb

this happened to me a month or more ago but it just came back to normal one day...couldnt comment or anything just pm...weird :D

Thanks to Linda for raising the issue - by some miracle, I've been able to load the site this morning - but - that happened yesterday morning too and by lunchtime it was gone again.

I can't load the forum or the Greenleaf shop from either a bookmark, a direct url, a Google search, a link in an e-mail message or a link in the Gazette. The site appears to be loading but I get the background with the top menu bar but no content. I have left this for a long time and nothing else loads. I'm using Windows 7, explorer 8 and Trend security software.

I haven't got any error messages or the page cannot be displayed message. The page just appears as a blank page. This morning its fine again so unless you have isolated the problem and fixed it, I might not be able to get in around lunchtime here.

I have no problem loading other sites and I scan for viruses etc regularly.

I stay logged on and load from the "history" toolbar, otherwise I just type in the url from memory. Once in a great while I'll get a message that I get when the site is down for repair/ maintenance, but have had no recent difficulties (knock on wood). We use IE and for some reason both Norton and McAfee fight over which one is our anti-viral ware.

Okay...

I have a Mac computer. I have cable internet with a wifi router. When the router is plugged in (meaning it is the way it is all supposed to be)..I get a message that the page timed out. This happens on Safari and Firefox. It also happens on our dinosaur laptop AND on the iTouch. SO it is not a computer issue with me. It is something else. My router just stopped recognizing your website.

So in the morning when I want to come on here..I have to unplug the router from the computer and plug internet thingy directly into computer.

I have already talked to tech at our internet. I have done all the things I can do to *refresh* my internet and none of that has worked. Some one told me that I would have to change the IP address on the router but I have no clue how to do that.

The only time I have trouble is after a power outage in my area.

Then I have to do a hard reset of all the equipment - computer, switch box, router, and cable box (or dsl box if that is what you have). Turn all of them off for 10 minutes, then one by one in order of receipt of signal (reverse the list above), turn them back on, being sure each one is fully functional before turning on the next one.

Mine is about like Jo's. It comes for a while and then goes away. Tried Firefox and IE, have trend PC. Couldn't get in through email links, the gazette, nada. It either timed out or I got the blank page with the header. So far so good, today!

No problem at this end. I have the site bookmarked at the top toolbar on IE -- goes right to it. I also access it on the road from my notebook computer (also IE) and have never had a problem. I would be a very unhappy camper if I couldn't log on to Greenleaf! :D

When I try the site from the laptop I am not aable to access it. It does not recognize my user name or password and after several times of entering the information I get a timed out message. What was interesting when I logged in as a new member and registered it accepted that member info. This has happened to me in the past so if I'm not on the desktop computer I can't access the site. Laptop is IE and XP. Desk top is Vista and IE.

Holey,Moley!! I have a laptop...I have Greenleaf on my Favourites list so I just go to it and click........I would Freak out if I couldn't access GL. I remember the time my

emoticons didn't show up and I couldn't change the skins-I was beside myself.The

problem just went away and I've had no more trouble!! :) Here's to a "quick fix"! :)

• 3 weeks later...

I accidently came on here today without fixing the connections to the wifi. I was about to close it out because I knew my wifi box did not recognize Greenleaf...and you all popped up. It fixed itself! Or something less miraculous.

No more messing with the plugs to get on here. Yay!!