Help! I can't think up a name for this store

bookmarm

The old Newberg restoration is well underway and will be my State Fair entry in a few weeks. The house will be an emporium of several stores instead of a family home. My tired brain keeps twisting and turning to find a catchy name for the collection of stores under one roof. I can't think of anything that would tie the all together (books/floral-tearoom/sewing-yarn/Oriental antiques/and a tiny kids play area that will look like a treehouse under one attic roof eave), so I'm just looking for a nice name for the actual house. Each little store/room will probably have a name outside the door ("Blue Lotus Antiques", "Yarning for You" sewing and knitting, "Between the Covers" books, "Maisie & Lily" floral treasures and tearoom, "The Treehouse" play area).

I've had a few ideas, but nothing is very zingy:

"Bee Hive" Emporium

"Pewter Rose" (one of our favorite eating spots in Charlotte NC has this name)

"Ivy Trellis" Treasures

I'd be so happy to have more suggestions!

here is how it looks so far. The interior is a blank slate, but got primer this afternoon. I have some nice black and white striped cotton fabric to make awnings for the porch and downstairs square windows. The upper windows might get window boxes. Kellan is making a lattice for the sides of the front steps (these are in rough shape).

post-2290-1283106065_thumb.jpg

Hmm . . .

Really more of a mall than an emporium; how about

Yellow House Mall

Town Center Marketplace

Ivy House Plaza

I like your Beehive idea - it seems to suit your little yellow hive of activity so well. :wave:

How about something with "Lilliput" in it?

Lilliput Lane

Lilliput Emporium

Lilliput Mini-Mart (pun intended! :wave: )

Some synonyms for a "mall" are: Gallery, Plaza, Colonnade

More confused now?? :idiot:

hummm... thank you for all the great ideas, and please keep them coming! My gears are starting to move again. I was trying to keep the overall 'feel' old fashioned and not too mall-ish. More like what it really is: an old house restored and given new life as a business. The Olde Newberg idea would be simple and easy.

But, now I'm thinking about the "Lilli-put". Maybe I should go a garden-y direction with the interior stores? "Lily-put Florist/Tea room", "Bee-hive Books", "Blue Lotus Oriental Antiques,...which leaves the yarn/sewing shop. "Daisy Chain"?

Or "Bee Hive" Emporium and come up with garden-y names for the book and yarn shops? I hadn't really thought about the idea that the house is yellow. I even have a tiny woven bee-skep somewhere that could go on the front porch

if you don't like mall, how about something with market or marketplace. Emporium sounds like a big department store to me me.

Maybe

Beehive Marketplace

Honeycomb Market

Lilliput Mini-Market

Garden House Market

Old Newburg Market House

:wave:

Just 'Newburg Place' or shops, or corner, or emporium sounds good to me. I hate cutesy, and that sounds simple and classy. Then put a sign out front with a narrow board sign for each shop, hanging below the Newburg Place sign.

I also like the inclusion of Lilliput in there someplace, as suggested by Checkmouse.

What about Liliput Lane? With that name you automatically name the street it's on, as well?

:wave:

I don't think I usually go for the cutesy either, but since this is going for exhibit at our state fair, I was trying to find something (non-permanent) that would be fun without too much sugar. A thread that the judges would 'get' and would be fun for the crowds who see it. It may also go to several other places over the next few months SL Christmas Show in Charlotte NC.

Love the idea of 4 different stores in one building!

How about something like "The Four Seasons Shoppes" with each store having a seasonal-type name, like Spring Garden Teahouse, Summer Hill Books, Autumn Leaves Sewing Nook, Winterberry Antiques? (just examples for names)

I know this leaves the treehouse play area without a "season" though :wave: ...maybe you could just decorate it with an all-season theme? I was thinking "Ashes, Ashes, We All Fall Down", but not sure many mini-parents would like the implications..LOL

I'm sure whatever name you choose, it's gonna be a huge hit! Good Luck!

How about something like "The Four Seasons Shoppes" with each store having a seasonal-type name, like Spring Garden Teahouse, Summer Hill Books, Autumn Leaves Sewing Nook, Winterberry Antiques? (just examples for names)

i like this idea :wave:.....and i also like the idea of the 4 shops in one house...what a space saver!!! :idiot:

WE have a house here that has been turned into a shop... and the house is Yellow!!!

Villager Flowers & Gifts....

so what about The Newburg Giftshop.!!

or something with Giftshop in it and maybe an area where they wrap the gift

:lol: :wave: :idiot:

Kellee