Buttercup or Adams, which is easier?

stantilda

This year, my principal has decided that every teacher must have a club. I decided to do a dollhouse and minatures club. I need to build the least expensive houses as I am paying for them myself. Which would be the easiest for 14 year olds to build? They will be in pairs or groups of three. I plan to donate the houses at Christmas to some of our young students who have families struggling. I could also use some ideas for creative ideas for the design.

Take a look at the primrose. They are very cute and easy, plus the cost is even less than the adams or buttercup. :angry:

If you look at the top of the page where this post is, under Corona Concepts, you can view the instructions for the Primrose too. Here is a link:

Primrose instructions

• 2 weeks later...

This might be too late but maybe if you were buying them for school you might ask for a break in the price if you explain what you are doing. I have no idea if this is possible but I would ask. This is just my opinion having been a teacher and I know how much you have to spend out of your own pocket.

• 1 month later...

Amy, I would agree with Paula on the Primrose. That could be a great option, easy and inexpensive. You could contact Greenleaf and see if they have any type of charitable promotions. The one I just did for Girls Inc was a Real Good Toys and they do a 30% discount for that purpose. Greenleaf may be interested in something like that if they don't already. Also, they are 14.99 at miniatures.com and if you bought them now you could get 20% off your entire order. You'd have to pay shipping there though and not at the Greenleaf store (for orders over $49). Just some things to think about. Good luck, sounds like a fun project.

• 2 weeks later...

As for ideas, there used to be a site that was just Buttercup kits made into all sorts of wonderful houses, shops, etc. If you have the first two Hallowe'en issues of American Miniaturist, the "Skellie House" was two Buttercups bashed together and covered in joint compound with trims piped on with cake decorating tips.