Vineyard Bash

Violet2Dawn

Well instead of putting two kits together for one larger Vineyard, I have opted to enhance one kit. I contacted Greenleaf and purchased the sheets to make the stairs from the Glencroft......love them. I have assembled them, bashing them also, of course, and have begin an album with them. I still have to add railings to them. In addition to the different stairs, I plan to add a second bay, like the one first on the first floor, on the same side as the existing one. On the second floor, I plan to close in the balcony with solid walls to enlarge the bedroom space, and use the balcony porch parts to add a 'back' porch on the first floor in the area that will become the kitchen. Also to the second floor I plan to add 'floor' and make a tiny bath area where the lonely window hangs on the wall by itself. So it begins with this new project....stay tuned for more updates as I progress. I have been seriously researching the Oak Bluffs area of Martha's Vineyard which was the model area for this kit. I plan to make the interior as close to the actual cottages as possible....1870's.

Sounds totally neat, Dawn. I can't wait to see it come together. In my album I have a Martha's Vineyard cottage I kitbashed from the Buttercup - changed the door to the side, added a Tiffany window, front porch, deck, and second floor window to be able to get out to the deck. I love this house. I'm kdreaming of doing the half scale one so I can landscape it (on the ocean, of course).

wow sounds like a great bash!! i'm excited to follow your progress ;)

I didnt know that about the sheets either....interesting!!!! and possibly very dangerous to the wallet!!! hmmmmmm now what would i like to combine....geeze ya could custom build ya own masterpice!!! just use the bits you like from all the houses :) ...not a bad idea!!! :horse:

Yup, I sent an email, told them who I was on the forum, told them what I would like to do....put the Glencroft stairs in the Vineyard, and Poof.....they made it happen. Well there is a very reasonable fee, but so accommodating...GO Greenleaf!

I hope to get the Vineyard someday, but my purse says " no, not right now." So, I can't wait to follow your progress. Post lots of pictures!

Check out Minis over the Hill's gallery. She made her own Vinyard cottage out of a Buttercup. Looks fantastic and might be a bit more budget friendly.