Michaels' Puzzle Houses

DorothyB

Stairs are the bain of my DH existance! I have been foolin around all afternoon with those little teeny puzzle stairs. I guess I should know I can't make them more than they are but they irk me. They need a railing! :groucho:

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Roxxie,I used the piece that I popped the stringers from.It's perfect.

Wow - good idea. I wish I thought of that when I made mine. I still have a couple Michael houses left - I think I'll use this! Thanks for the idea.

Kirsten

Okay, just posted my first picture of my puzzle house, happens to be my first picture in general, in my gallery. It will be the kitchen decorated country style for my Christmas themed house. I appologize about the quality of the photo, had to use my cell phone as my camera's memory card is giving me trouble. Couldn't figure how to post the picture in this message ...still learning :groucho:

What a good idea April! :wave: I am doing a different house but I will look in my junk pile for something. I save all the extra punch out pieces usually but the stringer for this house is broken. I was thinking I would make candy canes or somthing and just run a ribbon or something from one to the other. No time today to even work on my house. I want to visit the $ Tree tomorrow and see if they have anything I can use. I got little trees there last year, took them apart and used the decorations. :(

Wow, Kabrina, that looks great! I really like the two different wallpapers. Can't wait to see more. :wave:

Today I went to Michael's and they had the Lemax villages in, with a 30% discount. I bought a bare birch tree that I will put foliage on. It normally cost $4.99 and cost $3.49 with the discount. Not sure which house I'll use it with yet.

I like the gingerbread idea, super cute! Here is an updated picture of the outside of my house. Still need to add corner moulding, floor boards, porch rail and spindles, shingling..... :wave: wow and I thought I was getting close to finishing...oh well, buildings half the fun anyways.

post-4501-1286470718_thumb.jpg

Hey, that looks familiar... <grin> It's looking really good!

Are you planning to add some kind of trim above the gable window? If I had mine to do over I would have used a smaller window, higher up. Once the roof was installed I thought that window looked off-center. I'll be interested to see how you handle it.

:D I thought about putting a little bit of gable trim but haven't found anything I like. The position of the window doesn't bother me as it is in line with the two top side windows. :wave: I plan to trim the porch with green garland and the roof with little Christmas lights so hopefully this will be distracting enough if the window placement looks strange after the shingles and everything is done. I had more of an issue with the porch gable than that window. It just didn't look right to me, don't know if it was the pitch of the roof or something else I was doing but I finally decided to scratch it and go for a straight roof. I like it even though it doesn't seem as decorative. Really looking forward to decorating. Thanks so much for not minding me "borrowing" your ideas to make my own Puzzle House special. I loved how yours came out. :(

• 1 year later...

I bought on Ebay two house kits that are very similar to those of Creatology: the house with veranda and the gothic house. As soon as I finish my house on Halloween, I will, to build the 'gothic house ". It looks a lot like" The Tennyson "Greenleaf on the photos.

• 8 months later...

Hi. I am new here, and to the doll house world. I have the Creatology fantasy dollhouse. I've not even started putting it together and I'm already frustrated! I'm keeping all the sheets intact, so i'm not left guessing what piece is what. The pictures are so *tiny*. The instructions say to match the pieces with the same marked piece. Here is my ultimate frustration: I've found number 1, but I cannot find a second one! Am I supposed to match the numbers without letters to the ones with A next to it?

This is super confusing. Thoughts are much needed.

Welcome! I haven't built this one but I'm not surprised the instructions are confusing. It might help to label the pieces with pencil, then you don't have to worry about losing track of what they are after you pop them out of the sheets.

Hopefully someone who's built the fantasy house can help you out. I built my puzzle house a long time ago and it was a much simpler design, so even if I'm forgetting how bad the instructions were, mine wouldn't have been too hard to figure out. But the fantasy house seems like it would be....

Sorry to have necro'd this thread. I was feeling frustrated. I contacted Michaels and told them that the age was unsuited, and that I can't find the proper numbers. They said they would bring it up with quality control, and asked for the UPC code.