Curiosity about 1/2" scale

CatColorado

I'm building the Buttercup......or trying to build the Buttercup and it's a lovely house. But am I the only one who uses the sanding paper to get the pieces in place? I cant get it together otherwise. The pieces fit when I put them together as pairs but when I get round they don't fit anymore. I can't get the last piece in.

I'm being very careful because I looked for 2 days why the second floor didn't fit before I saw I had exchanged floor 1 and 2.

I'm at the windowseat know.

And I want to ad that the extra building PDF from this site is great. Without that I wouldn't get it together at all.

When do you start painting and wallpapering? I haven't started yet but know with the window seat i think I'd better start painting before I glue it in place.

I haven't started yet but know with the window seat i think I'd better start painting before I glue it in place.
I think it's especially important in 1/2" scale to dry fit first (fit together with tape) so you can find those places where it will be too hard to reach after it's all glued together. Hope you'll post lots of pictures of your Buttercup, Liezbeth!

I had trouble with some of the pieces fitting because I papered ahead of time. I wasn't as careful as I should have been so I had to trim some of the tabs. It was tight but I got the little bugger together with alot of swearing.

The dryfit was perfect... it was after glue, paint and paper that things went south.

I think it's especially important in 1/2" scale to dry fit first (fit together with tape) so you can find those places where it will be too hard to reach after it's all glued together. Hope you'll post lots of pictures of your Buttercup, Liezbeth!

Thank you, I also hope to place lot's of pictures but for now it's not much. I do the dryfit before the gluing part, but the moment there is something glued..........But that's why I ordered the Buttercup. To get to know the 1:24 houses. When this one is a succes I want to order the bigger 1:24. Love the size so much :) . But for now.....the paint has to get out of the closet. I love painting. Bought some wallpaper also but I think I will use that for the next house.

does anyone know where to source 1/2 scale plaster corbels?

i've seen wood/plastic but thats not what i want....the dual build house has stamped its foot and wants to be a french chateau :no:

i've tried for a week now to side/try shingles/make her queen Anne...but NO she doesnt want it!! i'm giving in and going with it :rant:

This is the look i'm going for on the ground floor...bear in mind those are 1/12th corbels and too big :)

OK, so I am just doing some thoughts exercise and got to think about vehicle suitable for the half scale, ie for 1/12 scale 1/18th scale cars etc suits purrfectly, so what about half scale?

Just ponderings on a Monday evening (whilst skipping here and there and everywhere on the internet...)

Hugs

Anna, all sorts of cars and kits are available in 1:25 & 1:25 scale.

Mmmm, but would/will the suit the scene, as the 1/18 scaled Volvo I have outside the Observatory it fits purrfectly where I think a true 1/12th scale car would overwhelme (sp?) so that is why I started on the "should it be a smaller scale" to fit 1/24... Hmm, good excuse to visit a toy store and see what they might have, right?!? :rant:

Hugs

I just got an order from bits-n-kits, which only makes half scale. I am very impressed. The grandfather clock came with chain and the pendulum in metal. There is a little peice of glass for the clock face.

Can't wait to put it together:)

I just got an order from bits-n-kits, which only makes half scale. I am very impressed. The grandfather clock came with chain and the pendulum in metal. There is a little peice of glass for the clock face.

pictures? :banana:

I just received the modern kitchen kit from SDK. It's huge... in a small way of course. There seems to be hundreds of tiny pieces... :thumb:

This is going to take a while I think.

I just received the modern kitchen kit from SDK. It's huge... in a small way of course. There seems to be hundreds of tiny pieces... :banana:

This is going to take a while I think.

Ooh, take pics of your progress! I've had my eye on that kit for ages. Which house are you building it for?

I was drooling over that kitchen but then thought I'd save some $$$ by attempting to build my own. Do show us your progress, please, because if my own attempts fall flat that's the one I'll get.

I'm a sucker for a laser cut kit, what can I say? I'll take pictures as I go along. I plan to do a little kit bashing, but I have to dryfit the parts first to see how feasible my idea will be. I actually want to make laundry room cabinets out of it rather than a kitchen. It's going into the Morningside.

I'm not sure what I want to do with the kitchen yet. I think I will have to scratch build alot of it because I am leaning towards a professional type kitchen with an open grill etc. I might change my mind though.

Can't wait to see it. I am planning to order quite a lot from them in the near future for my 1/2" scale Rosedale! The clock is at the top of my list!

Question about fishscale shingles. I followed the instructions on the package and spaced my rows 1/2" apart. After it was done, it was obvious that something was not right. :thumb: I've been looking at it & looking at it and the light bulb just lit up in my tiny brain that these doggone things are spaced too far apart. Duh......

Can someone tell me the correct row spacing for 1/2" scale fishscale shingles? Is it 1/4"??? And, could you also tell me why the instructions on the package of 1/2" shingles are wrong in the first place???? Grrrrrrrr!! :banana:

This is the first time I've used wall shingles. Live & learn, I guess.

Boy, I put a LOT of glue on those suckers. This is going to be tough.