Curiosity about 1/2" scale

CatColorado

Kathleen, I bought the Morningside Manor. I'm still not sure what I am going to do with it. Expect major public episodes of waffling over the possibilities.

Cranky, maybe you can answer this for me. Since your conversion went so smoothly, why is it so many manufacturers change the layout from their 1/12th houses to their 1/24th offerings? They are never quite the same, yet are obstensibly the same house only a different scale.

:lol: let us know immediately!!!!!! how exciting :p:)

Aye aye Captain!

Actually, I am feeling anxious. I don't have colours picked out or anything. I don't know what kind of floors I want. I don't know if I want to do a theme build or a traditional house. All I know is that I want little potted orange trees on the top. :D

These are my inspiration pics:

post-22-1280361967_thumb.jpg

post-22-1280362005_thumb.jpg

ok back to the thread topic "'do you have a question about 1/24th"

YES i do!!!! :p

how do you get your brain around a smaller scale?

i'm struggling with eyeballing the size...

made a window mock up...measured the hole (of which i made smaller than Cranky origonally cut out)....made the mockup....might as well put it in the beacon hill!!!! its far too chunky and residing in the bin!!! :D

does the size just click in at some point? :doh:

with 22+ windows...i may be in trouble here :) :lol:

Keep at it, do some card mockups and then progress to scrapwood. Yes, eventually your brain wraps itself around the smaller scale. My first several crossbock doors for La Casita were 'way, 'way too small (but not small enough for Dutch doors).

Linda, get yourself one of those small plastic rulers. They are clear and generally are about 6" or 15cm long. Even though I can "see" what is in scale, there was a time that one of those rulers were invaluable. Things are not only halved in height, but also width and depth as well.

Interesting question Linda!!!! I am trying to get "a feel" for the size as I am plotting and planning LOL, still can''t make up my mind on the interior, but that will come to me I am sure... The thing I am contemplating the most is what to use as the exterior Swedish looking/type of clapboard siding, I have measured and am calculating and trying to find something suitable to achieve the look I am after. The rest is plain fun LOL

Hugs

Just had one of those oooops minutes in regards of having a dollhouse in the half scale, now that would make it an 288 building, right????

Eeek!

Hugs

Still no dollhouse, but my dish set came in. I vaguely recall buying a kit for a wall mounted plate rack, I'll have to dig around and see if I can find it. These are too nice to hide in a hutch. If I am lucky, the kit will be in one of the two drawers I have that are labeled "Kits".

I have a question about Lighting Bug lights... Do they come with a plug? And if they do, what kind of plug?

Anna, a 1:144 dh for a 1:24 dh would be "Barbie" scale!lol Would strips of posterboard make good 1:24 clapboard?

Barbie scale, :D something to think about... It could work I think... :yes: otherwise perhaps something from the model train store might work...

Hugs

Just a word of warning, if you buy from Mountain Miniatures, the pictures they show are only a suggestion. The actual item you receive might not look at all like that. I am having to return the dishes I ordered for that reason.

Just a word of warning, if you buy from Mountain Miniatures, the pictures they show are only a suggestion. The actual item you receive might not look at all like that. I am having to return the dishes I ordered for that reason.

I love Mountain Miniatures and buy quite a bit from them, but the same thing happened to me. I purchased a 1/2 scale Bespaq full dinner set and when the set arrived the pieces had Chinese writing on them and I swear the set pictured on the website did not. They happily accepted them back but then you only get store credit for returning something.

Valerie

I love Mountain Miniatures and buy quite a bit from them, but the same thing happened to me. I purchased a 1/2 scale Bespaq full dinner set and when the set arrived the pieces had Chinese writing on them and I swear the set pictured on the website did not. They happily accepted them back but then you only get store credit for returning something.

Valerie

*sigh*

That sounds familiar. We probably bought the same set. My encounter was not so amicable I'm afraid, because I showed them pictures of what was sent compared to what was ordered. I'm not going to say any more because things like this can quickly get out of hand. Let's just say I am very unhappy and I am taking a break from buying anything online. If I do decide to buy again, I'll go through people like Tracy and Grazhina.

Kathryn, how about the Morningside Mansion you ordered from Mountain Miniatures. Have you received it yet, are you happy with it? Did you order it as a kit or the already assembled house?

Valerie

Well I found out it wasn't shipped at the same time as the dishes, even though I was lead to believe otherwise. Supposedly it is on it's way now. I ordered the kit. Originally I planned on getting the assembled shell as a treat for myself, but between the cat getting sick and then needing to buy new smoke alarms, I settled on the kit.

If that kit arrives, safe and sound, with all it's pieces... I will be content. If everything goes okay, I'll post to let you know when I get it.