Curiosity about 1/2" scale

CatColorado

Well the crib came in the plastic box and the diagrams aren't all to size. I have the headboard & footboard started. Actually they both came in boxes, and the instructions leave a lot to the imagination & prior kit-building experience. I had to sand the business out of one of the drawers to get it to fit, which is interesting, because I used the drawer fronts to place the dividers, as suggested. When you install the divider and then set the cupboard bottom into place, it's much narrower than the other three spaces!

:thumb: Soooo going to have some fun :o and will have to see where to find itty bitty needed DIY items I am sure, unless I can find uses for beads and wire or things like that, not saying anything else LOL

Hugs

Anna, 1:24 DIY is SO much more fun! The stove kit I made up for you is the enlargement to 1:12 of a 1:24 DIY stove project in Dollhouse Miniatures.

:thumb: I bet!!!! And that kit you sent me was awesom!!!

Hugs

I'm sure most of you already know about this, but for those of us who are less experienced and still finding their way around, I need to mention what I found today.

I already know that there's no better place to go for decorating ideas than Grazhina's New England Miniatures website, www.newenglandminiatures.com. Grazhina carries a wonderful line of 1:24 furniture and her Image Gallery & Victorian interiors photos are indispensible for decorating ideas, but today I found links to TUTORIALS on her website too! I'm for sure going to try out the modern stove, and there's a tut for a bathroom vanity that sounds adorable.

Anna, 1:24 DIY is SO much more fun!

It is, for some reason! I like DIY more in 1:24 scale than 1:12. Maybe because the smaller pieces make it easier to "fudge" things... with larger furniture I feel like everything needs to be exact or it's super noticeable, but in 1:24 I'm comfortable just figuring out stuff as I go and not worrying if it's slightly "off"...

Here's a corner cabinet I made for my puzzle house. The shelves are made from the punch-outs in the original windows. It's far from perfect, but I'm pretty pleased with it considering it's made from scraps and it only took about an hour! (Those items on the shelves aren't the items I'll display there, I was just playing around. The pitcher and pot will actually go in the bedroom, I want to make a washstand for them.) The couch and chair are the same Quicker Wicker kits that were discussed earlier in this thread. And I think the plant stand looks too big next to this couch, so it's probably going to go. But I didn't think to move it before taking the picture.

post-7-1279758447_thumb.jpg

Oh, Linda - I envy you waiting for your 1:24 project! You're going to have SUCH FUN!!

Emily, I love your corner cabinet, and aren't those Quicker Wicker pieces cute & versatile. I actually like the plant stand too.

Check out that bathroom vanity that I mentioned, Kathryn. It uses a shell for the sink, which will be perfectly in keeping with my Fairfield beach house. Where are you in CO, by the way? My 95-year-old Aunt lives in Fairplay @ 10,000', and I was just there visiting her a few months ago. The altitude nearly did me in.

Check out that bathroom vanity that I mentioned, Kathryn. It uses a shell for the sink, which will be perfectly in keeping with my Fairfield beach house. Where are you in CO, by the way? My 95-year-old Aunt lives in Fairplay @ 10,000', and I was just there visiting her a few months ago. The altitude nearly did me in.

Yeah I found all sorts of cool things! Unfortunately my scroll saw is still on backorder, they'll keep it backordered for another thirty days then they will cancel the order. If I want it after that, I'll have to place the order again. Bleah. I'm reluctant to buy anything else from them at this point.

I bought a new 1/24th house :)

This could be trouble.

I am in Grand Junction, it's on the Western Slope of the Rockies. We're at 4,000' and when I moved here from Maryland I got so sick from the altitude. It was awful.

:D you bad bad woman :)

well i...on the other hand...am waiting till 4.30 so i can go and collect my custom 1/24th which has arrived from America and availabe at the local post office after 4.30....arggghh so close yet so far!!! :p

woot woot woot!!! its here!!!!!!!!!!

here is the triumphant arrival pic :p ....dunno who that is holding it...its a much older me than the me i think i look like...when did that happen? :)

woot woot woot!!! its here!!!!!!!!!!

here is the triumphant arrival pic :p ....dunno who that is holding it...its a much older me than the me i think i look like...when did that happen? :)

Yay you, but inside pics pretty puleeeeze, we are kind of dying in antecipation here!!!! :D

HUGS