Curiosity about 1/2" scale

CatColorado

Oh my! That half scale moogle is to die for! I totally want to make one now!! I have little red pom poms that are the perfect size to make a 1

1/2 to 2 inch tall jointed moogle!

Hopefully i have some white plush left

• 4 weeks later...

Just browsing the new Miniatures.com catalog online, they have some 1:12 decor accents that seem like they would work as building components in 1:24 scale.

Baluster Pedestal - 3" tall, could add basswood blocks to the top and bottom to make it a porch post or pillar in a room?

Scroll Bookends - I think these would be perfect brackets for the front of a Victorian house. I was actually looking for something like this for my rowhouse but all of the available brackets were like 1-1/2" or 2" tall. These are only half an inch.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

My Fairfield screamed so loud that I had to do something. I had put all the Halloween stuff away and had looked at the Victorianna. She needed TLC

so I finished painting the outside and added the resin furniture. Well, Fairfield had a tantrum. So, I stained some baseboard and glued it in.

She calmed down and I am working on the four fireplaces. There are two more pictures in the gallery.

Gail :bear:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Searching for half scale mural wallpaper as sweet miL is going to start her half scale castle build so it needs some gorgeous wallpapersin soft colours yet rich...

Hugs

There are some very nice mural wallpapers out there. I've bought paper from eBay sellers. I've gotten paper from these sellers and been happy with the product.

http://stores.ebay.com/Dollhouses-and-More?_trksid=p2047675.l2563

http://stores.ebay.com/Manchester-Dollhouse-and-Wood-Works/Wallpaper-/_i.html?_fsub=15&_sid=137160344&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322

I've also used one inch scale papers in half scale depending on the pattern, and have cut down one inch scale mural paper for the portions of the image that I want. The paper in the bathroom of my White Rose is one inch paper that would be the upper wall panels with wainscoting below in a one inch house. I used the upper panels as full wall mural panels.

Debora, what about the rest of the wallpaper in your Rosedale? Did you print any of it out yourself or is it all from commercial sources?

I printed the library (attic) paper after creating a composite image. The bedroom paper I found on a printie site (but I'm sorry that I cannot remember which one). I did some image manipulation before printing it. I think the kitchen paper (the parrots) is available at both places noted above. The living room paper I created from a William Morris design fragment (a lot of work, but I think it was worth it).

Ah - your living room paper looks like the same paper I'm using in my Rowhouse hallway, which I also recreated from an image online. So that's why I was wondering. :) Did you get it from Bradbury & Bradbury? I think I've seen a few of their designs (or very similar) sold by Itsy Bitsy Mini and it makes me wonder where their version of it originated, if it also came off the web (which seems a little sketchy, unless the design is public domain?)

Has anyone ever ordered from Pretty Small Things? I got an email that they're doing a sale through December 2, plus free shipping. They sell plastic furniture printed off a 3D printer. The selection is better in 1/4" but they have some interesting 1/2" pieces also. I haven't seen their stuff in person before but the sale prices got the better of me. I'll let you guys know what I think of them when the order shows up.

I ordered the bentwood chairs about a month ago. I couldn't find any wood chairs in that style anywhere. They are very nice. the detail is amazing. The finish is slightly rough. I was going to try to paint them to look like wood, but think I will stick with white paint.

It too a few weeks for the order to arrive.

Diane, thanks for the feedback! The Bentwood chairs look nice. I also liked the Windsor. But the ones I ended up getting are the Moderne Dog Bone chairs, plus the Modern Angled Side Table and the Saddle Stool.

I had my eye on the Windsor settee a while ago but it was already sold out when I got to the site last night. Looks like several other pieces have sold out now. I read on their website that they do these pieces in batches and reproduce more based on demand, so hopefully they'll replenish their half scale stock after this sale.

• Like 1

Just an update. That sale was too good to miss; I ordered 2 traditional chairs which came today...they are lovely! Pics in my gallery.

P.S. She also included a terrific freebie in the box....with an immediate e-mail response when I asked about it :banana:

Ooh, what was your freebie? My order arrived today too and there was a box of half scale tables included for free. They seem to be a different material and a little rougher than the stuff I ordered, maybe "seconds" stock they're trying to clear out.

post-7-0-95143000-1386193646_thumb.jpg post-7-0-66230800-1386193644_thumb.jpg post-7-0-49975400-1386193642_thumb.jpg

The chairs, I'll probably use in the rowhouse, need to come up with a suitable table (maybe something modern with a glass top). I haven't decided where to put the rest of it yet.

After taking the pics I dropped one of the tables and the leg broke off. I was able to glue it back on but just a warning that these might be a little delicate.

Here's one of the free tables in the puzzle house to give an idea of how the furniture "fits" with other furniture. (Coffee table is getting a repair, hence the tray and fruit bowl on the floor!)

post-7-0-31366700-1386193640_thumb.jpg

Today I also got an eBay purchase from over the weekend, a really cute corner cabinet. I'm going to use it in the puzzle house to replace a handmade one.

post-7-0-95194100-1386193650_thumb.jpg

I got a box of 1/2 scale tables as well...so adorable. I e-mailed about them since I didn't want to be taking someone else's order by mistake, and she said she's clearing out her 1/2 scale stock to make way for new stuff. She also said the ones she sent were not quite up to her usual quality, but I love them anyway!! Thanks so much, Emily for finding her :banana:

• Like 2

Thank you for this supplier. It makes some ideas possible. But how do you "stain" plastic? Will the stain look the same on plastic

or is there a faux technique?

I'd use a spray flat primer and use different shades of umber, sienna and ochre to simulate wood.

• Like 1