Curiosity about 1/2" scale

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Me again, had to share, I had been communicating with a lady that had a 1/2" scale house on Craig's list. Well, she e-mailed my that the house was sold. I was so depressed(it was my birthday to add to

Janet, Love your tea room. I have a few of those kits and enjoy them.  Must let you know what I did this week-end, went to a miniature show in San Deigo. &#

My lovely half-scalers....where have you all gone? Working diligently on your projects? Focusing on real life perhaps? My major project of the past few years has some p

Posted Images

Thanks to all who were interested in my items from England. The pictures were too many bites to upload into an email, so I made a new album in my gallery to share them. Photography is not my talent, so I haven't yet succeeded in pictures of individual tiny items, but all the things from Homes in Miniature are terrific.

Anna, 1:24 is addictive...

It sure is addictive !!!! I don't really want to start my Emerson Row because it's so large......if it were half scale,I'd have been finished long ago.I just love 1/2 scale :)

• 3 weeks later...

I'm finally getting back to half scale (and minis in general) after a few months break. I've started building the Infinite Possibilities Porch that Miniatures.com recently started selling... planning to turn it into a book end.

I don't have any eye candy to speak of yet, but I've posted about my initial experience here, if anyone is curious about this kit...

This should be a pretty quick project, and after the holidays I'm going to dig into the Rosedale!

• Like 1

Thank you, Tracy. I even went back and reread the entire thread to see if perchance one of us had posted that which ought not to have been posted.

I sure hope the weather is pretty tomorrow. I have finished making all the furniture for the Fairfields and want to start taking final pictures.

Ooh, Fairfield pics! I, too, can't wait. :o

I have been struggling with the Infinite Possibilities Porch. It's going together fairly easily but my windows and door are driving me crazy. I've tried about ten different colors now and haven't been happy with any of them. The paint is not taking to the plastic well and the finish is awful. I tried to lightly sand the door to make it smooth and the paint scraped right off. I decided we need to spend some time apart. :lol:

It's a silly expense but I might just trash these windows and door and buy new ones to start over. I think I'll feel better if I do! But I have to stick to this style since the holes have already been enlarged to fit them and the siding is now up. I don't remember the plastic being so finicky to paint when I used them for the puzzle house...

Thanks, I'll have to check that out. I used Gesso before painting and although the paint initially took with no problems, the subsequent coats did not go on smoothly.

• 2 weeks later...

Cat,

I think I have become a half scale convert. I can build the houses that I love and I have room for them! Not to say that I still do not like my Pomeroy or MHM or the scores of boxes of kits I have. When I think of a question..now I know where to go. :clap: