I need some thoughts sent out.

heidiiiii

Hospital employee health wont let him go back to work until they see the results of the tests from the Neuro. So he might go back to work on Friday...then he will have Satuday and Sunday off. ROFL

He goes for the testing today at 1pm.

Yale called back. His biopsy is clean. It was just a fatty deposit in his gut. :)

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great news on that biopsy. Hope the tests today give you the solutions for the other bothersome stuff. Maybe it will be a quick fix once they get those done.

My hubby has troubles with dizziness every once in a while. They are quite debilitating when they are in full force. The PT inner ear adjustments usually fix it. BUT - sometimes it takes quite a few treatments before it resolves but it does eventually. He has had some success with a Chiropractor doing some neck, base of the skull and upper spine work that also has relieved the dizziness. The meds never worked - only made him sleepy.

No results today. He has another test next Monday with the Neuro also. The Neuro sent him to work with no special instructions (no bending). So I guess if he bends over and pukes..he gets to go home.

I will miss him being here but it is time for him to go..LOL

Not back to work today.

They want to wait for the test he has on Monday with the Neuro to see if he gets a diagnosis for his dizziness. He has to wait until the 22nd for yay or nay on going back to work.

He is still not allowed to go back to work. WORK will not let him back until they figure out why he is still dizzy. So when his FMLA runs out (not the pay) we will be put on medical leave so we do not lose anything or he runs the risk of losing his job.

His neuro tests came back normal. He has an appointment tomorrow again with the Neuro..Maybe more tests. Maybe we have to go back to the ENT. It is just so confusing and frustrating.

I will keep you all informed on what is what...He is goes back to the Hospitalticion on Oct. 13 OR if they find out what is wrong beforehand.

Oh..LOL

He has been taking the Valium every night and he has graduated up to one whole one during the day. He says that the dizziness is still there but not as bad. I give him another week on the pills and he will not be dizzy at all.

He goes to see the employee health Dr on the 13th. He will probably go back to work that day...hopefully.

He was told by the neuro dr that sometimes acid reflux pills can cause dizziness. BUT the dizziness started before he started the new acid reflux meds. So we still do not know why he is dizzy.

I am so happy that you all are here to give insight and hugs. It has been hard. We got a large bill from Yale yesterday and I was very upset about it. Fred said not to worry. As an employee of the hospital, all procedures are covered and whatever the insurance does not cover...the employee does not have to pay the balance. But he went to Yale. Like Fred said, our hospital has to fix it because he had to go there, they do not do that procedure here. There was no way I would be able to pay that bill without it really hurting the bottom line.

So we wait to see if they let him go to work. I am taking advantage of these last weeks that I have him so that he can help me with Fall clean up.

• 2 weeks later...

Good News for once..LOL

Fred got the all clear yesterday. He starts back to work today! Yay!! He is glad. He was sick of being at home, when he knew he had a job to do. The Valium is working very well with his dizziness. The Dr at the hospital told him to follow up with his Primary AND maybe in 6 months follow up with the Neuro and the ENT. Let the meds do their job. Then they can fiddle around with finding out what is wrong with him, without him having to be out of work.

He still sees the surgeon next week about his hernia. So he will be out again for that when they do the surgery. I guess it will matter how big it is also.

Thanks everyone!

I will surely keep you up to date if anything changes. This has been a 3 month whirlwind. He had a long summer *vacation*.

Excellent news, Heidi. I know you'll miss your "helper", but sure he'll be more content tending to his work responsibilities. Hope everything else goes well and he's back to perfection soon.

• 5 months later...

Update:

Fred was doing well on the Valium and he has still been at work. Two weeks ago we went to Providence to visit his family and go to Providence Place mall. That trip showed Fred that he really is not better. He went to the ENT yesterday and he is baffled. He thinks that Fred has Meneire`s disease like me but a different type. He has to go have an MRI of his brain on Sunday to rule out anything.

The Dr. said it is EXTREMELY unusual for a married couple to both have it but not impossible. Weird huh?

I will keep you up to date when we find out more.

I wonder what the statistical probabilities are for that? I hope y'all finally have THE answer to all this! it would be nice to get him on an appropriate med regimen so he can get back to feeling normal again! :wave: for you.