I need some thoughts sent out.

heidiiiii

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought Gerd was obvious from the beginning, as far as online diagnosis goes.

Personally I think it's his uterus. :frusty:

:) :) :rofl:

Oh poop, that seriously the funniest thing I've heard in ages!!

Let me get myself together here...ahem..

Good new indeed Heidi!! I'm so sorry your whole clan had the heck scared out of you. :p

Me

Doogster,

I think it is his uterus too but I decided to keep that a secret! LOL

I figured GERD was simple also but I guess not...or his body is just a freaking mystery to reveal itself later. The anti-nausea stuff is not working, he is still heaving, but the pain in chest is gone.

I dont know. He is not a whiner so it is bad when he goes to have it checked out.

Gastroesophageal reflux disease can be really nasty if/ when the stomach acid starts eroding the lining of the esophagus (food tube). Very painful. I don't think it's his uterus, he'd be having pain in a totally different place! (although, if he has a uterus, who knows where it might be?)

Holly,

His gastro dr said it was his GERD and so did the GP. I wish I had went to his appt. He is not a big question asker. Seems like he is probably having a reflux attack..because all three Drs said to double the Nexium for 2 months and then go back to regular dosage afterward.

He had the tube down his throat (sorry..brain fart cant think of procedures name) and they found nothing wrong.

But his gallbladder is fine. They did bloodwork, xrays, and scans.

Update....

Fred is still home because he is still heaving. He throws up but it is never food or bile. Just water or phlegm. He saw the gastro yesterday. He gave him a stronger acid reflux pill to try for 2 times a day for a week. He has to have a repeat upper endoscopy next month. If the pills do not work after two weeks, he has to go to Yale to have a special test done on a machine our hospital does not have. Something about checking the way he swallows. Another tests checks for chest pain that is not heart related.

He asked if Fred had stomach cancer, all kinds of gastro cancers, crohns, and a bunch of other scary stuff in his family. He said he does not know..so now he needs to talk to his mother. He also wants to delve into the unusual and rare stuff that it could be..something about a 24 hour urine collection.

Dr also thinks it could be neurological.

I am a bit scared...because the double up of Nexium should have helped..even a little bit. And it did not. He actually feels better when he lays down. That is totally backward of acid reflux. And the Dr said all the scans and blood work show his gall bladder is fine.

So we are back at square one. Thank goodness he has never really taken a sick day. He has almost 3 years worth of sick days on the books. But he is going to try to go back to work on Monday.

He is also filing for FMLA.

I am so sorry to hear that the Nexium didn't do what was hoped for, but it also sounds like the doc so far has a game plan and that is a good thing and I can soooo understand the feeling of being a bit scared as well. Will be over here sending positive thoughts and strenght to all of you!!!!

HUGS

He is scheduled for at CT scan on Sunday.

Yes Holly..it is weird. He feels worse when standing or sitting up too long but feels relief when he is laying down. That is the exact opposite!

I am into this thread really late but I am glad to hear that it was not his heart or gall blader or anything like that. I hope the double up of Nexium works. Good luck and ((HUGS)) to both of you.

He is still sick and called work to say he is still not going in. There is no one in the gastro office until Wednesday. I do not know what to think..and neither do any of the PAs or Nurse Practitioners that Fred works with. They thought it could be labrythitis but the dizziness and vomiting did not start together. The vomiting started first. Dizzy is newer symptom. Plus he has not had any virus.

The PA and I both said NO to Meneires because I have it and his should not last 3 weeks straight. It comes and goes.

I don't know. It seems like he is getting worse. He gets dizzier and gaggy more then before. Before he was able to hide it, now he cannot.

Head CT does not come back until tomorrow and we wont know until Wednesday BUT he can talk to a Dr friend in Radiology and have them read it for him.

I have to admit, it is stressing me out.

Wow, such sad news...I thought Fred would be doing cartwheels by now! Will continue

to send positive thoughts and prayers for all.And hope for a DX and treatment soon!!! :thumb:

I am sending lots and lots of positive energy your way!!! Hmmm, dizzy and dry heaving, sounds like me with the lyme desease which also came and went in bouts for years...

HUGS!!!!

Holly,

He is calling his Physician`s Assistant friend at 8pm. She will be able to get in the system (without red flags) and tell him what is what. I will be there so I will jump on him to know what she said.