Thoughts for a Rosedale bash

fov

Looks good so far! I had warping problems too with the 1/2" Arthur I'm building, I'm wondering if it is from the shrink wrapping since it was warped when it got here. The Rosedale is my least favorite house, maybe your build will change my mind. :p

I do love a good bash and this one is very exciting!

I was wondering if you have another of the large front windows left? If you do, maybe you could move it to the front of the living room space.:p

Dot

PS. i wish you were here to help me organize my landscaping for my little 1/2 scale house--I will reread your article tho.

Thanks everyone! I've got the stairs in. Had a bit of frustration near the end when something didn't go as planned, but all in all this has been an easy build so far. I'm loving the laser cut!

I posted a blog about the process of adding the second staircase -- I'm trying to be thorough in my explanations so that anyone who wants to try this bash later on will know where to start.

Dot, landscaping is fun! I think it's hard for flowers *not* to look pretty. :roflmao: I bet you'll do a great job.

post-7-1296765215_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday I started dry fitting, and (mostly) figured out the first and second floor. Now comes the hard part -- the extended third floor and roof!

I've attached a few pictures of my progress. I ended up opening up the wall between the original living room and new side room, to make one big entry / living room. It's kind of an awkward shape but I have some decorating ideas... :lol:

post-7-1297628095_thumb.jpg post-7-1297628105_thumb.jpg post-7-1297628114_thumb.jpg

EDIT: Okay, I'm rethinking my layout... originally I had it in my head that the big room on the left would be the living room, and the small room on the right the kitchen. But after playing a bit today with cabinets I'm realizing how tiny that room is. So now I'm thinking, what if I made the big room a combined kitchen / eating area, and the room on the right could be an office? And/or maybe a laundry room / mud room?

There's going to be a couch and TV in the large second floor room, so I'm not sure a living room is also necessary downstairs... What do you guys think?

• 4 weeks later...

The house is mostly assembled! I've posted some step-by-step pictures on my blog for anyone who wants to try this in the future. I've only posted pics of the first and second floor assembly so far, but I'm almost done with the whole house. Even with the crazy bash, it's going together pretty quickly, compare to the Fairfield anyway. I'll post the rest of the process later this week.

At this point, the outside actually doesn't look too different than the dry fit I posted pics of a few posts up, but here are some interior pics with wallpaper. It's a funny shape, but I'm really liking the big room on the first floor (which will be a kitchen / dining room). Very open concept.

post-7-1300064493_thumb.jpg

post-7-1300064500_thumb.jpg

post-7-1300064511_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

If by any chance you need more Broadnax Arts & Crafts borders i have some(4 sheets i think) which i would be happy to give you.

You have really done a wonderful job with this bash. I've started my Fairfield and have made a number of changes to suit the way i think a house should flow. I keep thinking we will take time and go look at cameras, but so far we(that would be my husband and me) haven't gotten up the interest.

I am so glad you and all the members of the forum are camera savvy:)

Dot

That's a nice offer, thanks! If I don't have enough I'll let you know. I hope you post pictures soon, I'd love to see what you're doing with your Fairfield!

I stuccoed today and did a first coat of paint. It was fun, and much less obnoxious than cutting siding! Also I love half scale houses, things like painting take much less time than on a big 1:12 house...

• 3 months later...

Updates! I've been working on interior trim. I don't want to add pictures to the gallery until I have the window trim in, but here are some that show the wallpaper borders...

post-7-0-53059300-1309932013_thumb.jpg

post-7-0-79856100-1309931999_thumb.jpg

post-7-0-55816800-1309931989_thumb.jpg

More on my blog.

Ack, I just realized that the blue border on the first floor might clash with my dark blue door. I didn't think to put them next to each other beforehand. :(

• 2 weeks later...