Garfield or Pierce?

kawinkle

I still have not finished my Orchid turned Fairy house "DragonFly Manor". However, I am attempting to sweet talk my husband into a bigger house to hide under my bed until DragonFly Manor is completed. I love my little fairy house but I want to do a full on project. I have seen the Fairfield in person and I am reading that it is smaller than the Garfield. I am trying to decide between the two because I do want one with a tower and both look awesome. So for all the Garfield and Fairfield owners out there, is one better than the other for the investment? ANd don't say get them both. lol I don't think Hubby would allow that. I am waiting on Ministures.com to have their next 50% off sale so I can get one of them shipped to me. I want to do it more true to period this time, including the furniture. It has been fun to interpret my Orchid the way I saw it but I am in love with Victorian time so I would love to reproduce a cute house with a secret tower.

After going back to look it is the Pierce or Garfield I am trying to decide between. For some reason I keep thinking it is the Fairfield but it's the Pierce that I have seen in person and love.

Just one thing to let you know, the Garfield is 1/12th scale, 41 ½" W x 29 ½" D x 40" H built, the Fairfield is 1/24th scale, so half the scale Garfield is, and is 15" W x 16" D x 20" H. So yes, the Fairfield is smaller, but is also a smaller scale. Both houses look lovely. If you want the 1/12th scale - same scale as the Orchid - just remember to measure your space and doorways to make sure the Garfield would fit through! :hug:

Lol, well was writing that before you edited!

I have neither, but if I had the space the Garfield has a stronger pull for me :hug: like the windows on the top floor of the tower better too.

Thank you for editing the title. I have been in a Nyquil induced stupor due to being sick so when I edited the content. I didn't think of the title. LOL

I really want the Garfield but it really is huge. I have seen the Pierce up close and personal and she is a beauty! But I like the porch on the Garfield. It will be a while before I get my next house. My husband said I have to finish DragonFly Manor first. I have most of the outside done and am working on the interior. The bedroom is finished. I added a second partition upstairs so there are three areas up there. I started the floor of the kitchen and just need to grout the tiles. I used little mosaic tiles in the kitchen.

I acquired a Pierce in serious need of rehab, and with even more serious ideas on how it wants to be bashed; so if I do ALL of the things it wants it'll rival the Garfield; maybe even Corwin's Garfzilla!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Nathaniel

You should just get both like me! :cry: lol ill send u some leaves from the money tree that does NOT grow in my backyard unfortunately... lol

I liked them both when I was in your position too but went for the Garfield thinking that it has everything the Pierce has and more. I'm still glad I made that choice. Beware though, the Garf is huge, even without bashing and if you want to landscape around it you are looking at a big area when you finally want to find a home to display it. Mine isn't on the scale of Corwin's but the grounds are making it bigger and bigger every day. I'm working on a kitchen garden at the moment. Its a major project and will take you quite a long time to build if you are anything like me.

Good luck with whichever house you pick.

Ah, but taking forever to "finish" a house is part of what makes it a hobby, no? It's a continuing dialog with the house to get it to look like it wants. If you don't have room to bash both houses together into one, make them both separately!

• 3 weeks later...

I be restoring a Garfield and had to made some large changes otherwise it never could through a door neither could into my house. But I didn't regret it for one second. However I think it will cost me ages to finish it.

• 3 weeks later...

It seems the Pierce chose FOR me. I was "gifted" a partially assembled Pierce yesterday. She is missing a TON of pieces but is still in good shape. She says she wants to be a bordello. Hmmmm.........go figure. LOL

It seems the Pierce chose FOR me. I was "gifted" a partially assembled Pierce yesterday. She is missing a TON of pieces but is still in good shape. She says she wants to be a bordello. Hmmmm.........go figure. LOL

oooohhhh... :D

Actually my husband and I were sitting on the couch staring at the partially assembled house sitting in the middle of the living room and I made the comment that I didn't know what I was going to do with it. HE suggested the bordello idea. I am thinking we won't be having dolls in this one. LOL

Awww, I will be of no help in this dilema. I also went for the Pierce because I thought I wouldnt have the space for a Garfield but a few years later, guess what I bought? The Garfield. Now I have them both and even though a lot of folks go for the Pierce because its smaller, I feel that both dollhouses have unique features that neither can make up for from the other. Also the Pierce is a pretty large dollhouse in itself. If you simply MUST choose beween the two, then go with the Garfield. You will not be disappointed. It is an impressive and absolutely beautiful house when finished. If you can only have one dollhouse, that would be the one to get.

Actually my husband and I were sitting on the couch staring at the partially assembled house sitting in the middle of the living room and I made the comment that I didn't know what I was going to do with it. HE suggested the bordello idea. I am thinking we won't be having dolls in this one. LOL
Why not? Check out the Wolfmeister's site, she makes some gorgeous naughty ladies, or look at what Dawn has done with the kit dolls.