WyckedWood Posted June 17, 2010 Share Posted June 17, 2010 I have some updated pictures of my Sea Hag (BH)in the gallery and I thought I would share what I used for the exterior. Its not finished yet,but aside from the base,its pretty close. I had already sided this house,but my kit was old (ebay) and the siding was not very exciting. Anyways,I redid the siding,and hold onto your hat.... ;) ....I did this entire house with one $6 bucket of drywall mud. Thats pretty cheap siding;) Obviously this look isnt for everyone,and it did add about 10 pounds to the house,but that didnt really bother me. I also used the drywall mud,(or wallboard,joint compound),for the trim on the dormers. Just piped it through a cake decorator bag,using the smallest dot,leaf and star shapes. I didnt know if anyone would be interested in this if so, I can tell you more about it,but a few friends thought it was paperclay I had used,so I wanted to clear that up. The mud,after being piped this thinly is delicate. The first coat of paint has to be applied gently,after the first coat of paint its far less delicate. But I wanted it so that, if someone touched it I wouldnt have to worry about it chipping. So I tested modpodge and it worked really well. Just painted over the top of the design with modpodge on a paint brush, it made it very stable,it would never chip away now,almost feels like plastic. Lions head I made with polymer clay. The siding was applied with a trowel,one section at a time,then combed over with a homemade comb. The sags are intentional. Let me know if anyone wants more info! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.