Faux beadboard

fov

I got this trim yesterday at Michael's on clearance. I thought it might work as beadboard in a half scale house, but it might be a little too small. What do you think?

It's held up in my puzzle house in the picture for a size comparison, but I would use it in a different half scale house. It's 1" tall and came in (I think) a 36" length for $0.99. I'm trying to decide if I should buy more before it sells out, or if it's going to be too short...

post-7-1276486770_thumb.jpg post-7-1276486776_thumb.jpg

For thickness, also thought you could use thicker cardstock on the wall above the wainscotting, so the difference between the wall and wainscotting isn't so big.

I'd buy more...but then, I always buy more..you just never know when you'll need something just like that. How about for the front of a window seat? boy, I wish I could get my hands on some of that !!!!! I really like the idea of shutters. :)

I'd thought about shutters, but doors hadn't occurred to me - that's a great idea! I want to build a pantry into a small space in the Highland Victorian's kitchen and this would be just the right size for swinging doors. I also like the idea of making it the front of a window seat.

If there's more the next time I go back to Michael's, I'll probably buy more of it. Who can resist $0.99? :)

LOOOVEE the product but i agree it may the wrong size for wainscotting, but i like the idea of louvered doors....hmmmm may have to look for some of that stuff.....

• 2 weeks later...