NEED HELP !!!!!!!!!!!Lighting the buttercup hiuse

Has anyone have any advice on lighting the buttercup house? I have the wiring kit but I am intimiated by it. This is my first house. It seems easy to wire the bottom but I have no clue how to wire the upper fl. Does the tape have to stay continuos or can you cut it? I am so confused :D

You can cut it, but you must connect it with the next part of the tape with the teeeeeny little brads.

If you have two stories, it's easier to make two rounds. You do that by starting in a bottom side room, work your way to the staircase, and then go up the staircase wall to the second floor.

If you cut the tape and then connect it with the brads, always use your little tester thing to make sure the connection is good.

The best "picture" I used for directions of laying out the tape came from a small paperback book that Hobby Lobby sells. It costs about $5.00 but you could use the 40% off coupon.

I just electrified my house, and I was terrified. It WILL work out! :D

If you have the tapewire kit you can also fold the tape so you don't have to cut it. There are directions in the little paperback Merry mentioned. I was very scared of those little brads so used the folding method. If I remember you are suppose to fold in the opposite direction you want to go first then fold direction you want to move. For example if you are going along the wall and want to go to the second floor you fold the tape down towards the floor and then floor up towards the next floor. It isn't too bulky if you are going to wallpaper over it.

If your house is already glued together you can either cut a small narrow opening near the wall to feed the wife through from the connection thing where the power cord plugs in (the word for it is escaping me for the moment). I liked that better than folding over the side of the house but that works too.

I had to use the little brads to install the fixtures. It wasn't as bad as I feared, after the second light I was feeling pretty good.

Merry and I just got done with our houses.....and with congratulating each other. :D It is a great feeling!

Good luck! Let us know how it turns out!

Kat

I wired my Beacon hill with only 2 or 3 splices, I folded the wire and cut slots along the wall to go to the second floor and fed the tapewire through. I mapped out the whole house first to see what the best possible option was to have the least amount of splices. When I did have to splice, I put silcone caulk over the brads to hold them in place so they have no chance of coming loose if the house moves. This was also my first attempt at wiring. The link below from this site is really helpful, as well as the book from hobby lobby and this site in general! I would have never attempted it if it weren't for all of the encouragement from this site!

http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/i...si&img=1730