Butter cup exterior door

Well my first dollhouse has taken longer then I expected. Looking at the box it seems the door has hinges on it.

The instructions don't speak of any hinges.

If I wanted to put hinges on my door.

How do I go about that? I guess I need tools.

I buy all of my supplies online since I can't find any dollhouse item in the craft stores.

I buy from dollhouse junction.

I'm hoping to finish this house before my hubby visits for 2 weeks in July.

I am using his MAN ROOM. :laughbounce: My future craft projects are in just about every room in the house.

You can buy miniature hinges. They're made by Houseworks.

Also if you do a search in General Mini Talk you'll find some other suggestions for how to hinge doors. Some people use chamois strips or pins.

Yes, the easy way is to use a strip of chamois, or ribbon, or some other strong strip. Sandwich it between the two parts of the door, then glue to the house. The Buttercup does not have interior door trim I don't think, so you could either just attach to the wall (or make your own trim), or attach to the outside and then sandwich between the house and the outside door trim.

Good luck!

I made my hinges(for my Spring Fling) out of folded masking tape and glued them between the interior trim and the wall.One does have to remember to leave enough tape

so the doors will open all the way! OOps! The metal hinges I have either glued or used the sticky wax of all things.I hate those tiny nails that encourage blindness to a large

degree!!! :laughbounce:

In havanaholly's section of the Team Glencroft blog I'm pretty sure I describe in excruciating detail how to hinge doors and vertical casement windows with chamois strips for hinges. Get some of those wild-colored plastic spring-loaded clamps that Harbor Freight sells by the tube to hold the door halves together on either side. I cut my strips 1/2" wide by 1" long (for 1:12). I think Peggi described pin-hinging in her section of the Team Coventry Cottage blog. Making interior trim from scrapwood is easy, even more so if you have access to a scroll saw to make the curved windows & doors.

Janet, when you have a minute or two, why not drop in at the Newcomers' Forum and introduce yourself?

I just made my first hinged door. Just used pins....literally,like sewing pins, cut off to about 1/2 an inch. The pin head is so sharp it glides right into the wood.....and your finger,incidentally. At least its something you could try with what you have on hand. You just need a pin on the top and bottom corner of the door.