Ding-dong

Intrinsicat

Since I'm going to make my Beacon Hill a haunted house, I was considering getting the doorbell that has a fog horn sound - like the one from the Addams Mansion. I plan to build a base to accomodate lighting and it could store the soundbox too. Can anyone who has already constructed the Beacon Hill tell me if this is feasible before I spend de monet? Thanks!

It is absolutely feasible!! The rooms in my Beacon Hill are all lighted and I'm also planning on putting in a doorbell. The house sits on a shallow base, but there is plenty enough room to accomodate all this . . . and more!!

Can't wait to see pictures of your progress.

Well, as long as you're going to haunt it anyway, bash it a basement, you can build a storage cabinet into one sidewall to hold the transformer. You could have a set of stairs coming down and set up a laboratory, like Gomez'. I can just see Grandma, Morticia and Uncle Fester in the kitchen and Lurch putting Wednesday's dolls' heads back on after Pugsey decapitates them with his little guillotine.

I like Holly's idea ... build a dungeon-basement. You can use half of it for storing "special effects", and the other half for intriguing scenes.

I think the doorbell would work great.

-Susanne

I am definitely adding a basement too - I'm thinking of also adding a greenhouse (for Morticia's dead roses) and then running a stairway off the same side through, of course, the library bookcase into the basement. I was inspired by the Patricia Paul haunted house on the Miniature Collector magazine issue I back ordered... she added a basement into the ground foundation - I thought it was a great idea! Although I'm not sure if it'll really have an Addam's family theme. I'd love to do a dedication to Edward Gorey. I'm sure it'll be a big collage of my favorite macabre stuff!

Thanks for the help - I'll definitely order that doorbell. It'll be a while before I can start the project - probably the fall - we're in the middle of a move right now. I only have time and room for little projects right now (like haunted house miniature swaps! :lol: But I'll definitely post progress when if happens!

You can have all kinds of fun Gomez on the bed of nails, Gomez and Pugsley blowing up their train laypout again, pipe in harpsichord music ...Lurch plaing of course and even Kitty Cat walking down the main staircase and hangman's noose bell pulls en each room

Ed