Hoping that when the contests end...

minifan

Not that I don't LOVE everyone that is here...I've just noticed lately that there's not many of us...(at least to me...it's been quiet...) :cheer:

I kinda thought that most everyone is hard at work with their GL, HBS and GLandHBS combo contests...some of my favorite blogs are even quiet too...where is everyone??? Maybe I'm just not working hard enough on my dh!!! :yes:

I'm still here.

I've been working on the contest house, dealing with my five kids, six including hubby and my mom.

Real life for the most part lately has been taking up most of my time, kids are great, mom's got a few minor health problems that started out to be very, very scarey (they still are a little) and had to rush her to the doc's. She's fine but getting older is no fun and she really isn't that old, she'll be 67 on the 5th of May. Isn't 67 just past middle age? Still doesn't seem to be old to me.

Then hubby slipped at the skytrain station at the top of the stairs and ended up at the bottom of about 60 stairs and then drove himself to the hospital. He phoned on his way there and as he's done before didn't exactly tell me what happened, he told me he wasn't feeling well. I didn't find out what happened to him until I got there. We were there for a quite a few hours last night. He ended up with a separated shoulder and a broken scafoid (spelling) and bumps and bruises every where. They let him come home but there will be a few appointments he'll need to be taken to in the next few days including the surgeons for his shoulder.

But yah I'm still here, I always check in to see who's doing.

Never a dull moment here.

I asked this same question last week. It does seem more quiet than usual and it probably is the Facebook thing. I hope things pick up again. Sometimes we all get busy with everyday life but I hope this forum will always be around. I don't do much else with my computer. I really don't know how to do so much of it but always feel comfortable here. :cheer:

Yes, it does sem awfully quiet. I check facebook now nd then but havent figured it all out so I stay away from it mostly. I love this forum and hang here when RL doesnt have me working on something else

Donna

No facebook for me either - not even to get a discount code from Miniatures.com. wouldn't touch it - feel that way about all social networking sites.

But I visit here every day and add where I think I can although I haven't uploaded any new topics or pics lately.

I keep coming here every day, a couple times a day actually, just to glance around but am still getting back to normal after doing chicago...months of preparation, excitement then driving for 2 days there, days of public exposure (i live and work at home high in the mountains and dont see people often LOL) then 2 days driving back....still recovering!!! and son from florida (havent seen him in 3 years) and his fiance moved here (7 people here!!) LOL I also wonder, it is spring in many places and lots of outside work that needs tending may be why people aren't posting? I did work on my greenhouse (smallish and attached to the house through my art/landury room) the other day, clearing old plants out and putting in seeds and new soil....but then again it snowed last night so surely no outside work here for awhile!!!

I'm here anywhere from 2 to 10 times a day, depending on how much time I have, but I often only have time to read through things, rather than actually post and respond.

I also worry more about the quality of my posts, rather than the quantity, so often I will refrain from posting if someone has already shared the same thoughts I've had!