How do you contain your excitement when ...

chattycathy66

Does it ever drive you a bit crazy not to be able to share eye candy as you're working on mini contest projects? Sometimes some part of the project will turn out just perfectly, and I'd love to be able to post it, but I know I have to wait--or I get stuck on an element and would love to ask other opinions...Lots of people on the forum Holly, Kathie, and a few others, I know in the past have graciously volunteered to be a sounding boards for anyone...might have to take them up on their offer :unsure:

A strange turn of events...my mom, who's usually one of those people who's eyes glaze over when I talk of minis...has taken a recent interest. When I told her there were over 200 entries in the last Creatin' Contest, she told me "gee, you don't have a chance"--but when I got an honorable mention, she was the first person to show the catalog to my brother and sister-in-law..shocker! She helped me with the idea of this years project and when I showed her some of the progress, got such a look of awe and wonder, I was amazed! I think she's really a mini-person at heart, she's just had to work so hard most of her life, she's never allowed herself the luxury of such a "pass-time". She is a real perfectionist, and actually very talented...I'm going to have her help with a few things down the line...she doesn't really know it yet...but I think she'll love it! :lol:

...I get stuck on an element and would love to ask other opinions...Lots of people on the forum Holly, Kathie, and a few others, I know in the past have graciously volunteered to be a sounding boards for anyone...might have to take them up on their offer :lol: ...
The offer still stands, although I'll be offline for a couople of weeks after next Weds; road trip with DS#3 into the wilds of SW AL.

Know what you mean about not being able to share but I think it has made me a bit more focused. Instead of sitting back and admiring or stressing over something I have done, I'm trying just to get on with it.

Must say I'm enjoying the Spring Fling. its so different to anything I have attempted yet in my mini career (very short career so far) everything is a new challenge - so that's a big clue - no daybeds.

It's been driving me buggy not to blog... I really love how my spring fling is turning out, and I want to share photos and techniques. Ah, well, just think of the overload we'll all have at the end of May! :lol: I have been sending progress photos to mom and a couple of friends, though it's not the same.

No, because I am too busy panicking about getting it done. I mean, honestly . . . I have only just now wired the thing! Aargh!

I should say i am very happy with my spring fling!

Corwin, You are terrifying me! Those of you who are "enjoying" or "very happy" with your projects are obviously doing better than I am!

And Brae, this comment . . . I really love how my spring fling is turning out, and I want to share photos and techniques. . . another intimidating one!

Ooh, I think I need help!

I'm with you Rhonda, it sounds as if there are some spectacular entries brewing in craft rooms around the world - very intimidating for a newbie.

I'm enjoying doing it but I'm not over the moon with some of the stuff I've done - would like to have done it better but there's just not enough time - there is sooooo much more to do. Today was challenging to say the least but I have tried some new techniques and learned a lot so nothing wasted - and I haven't started wiring yet so take heart girl - you're way ahead of me.

That is the hardest part, to keep away from spilling, but then again knowing me as soon as it is here and I start making any and all progress I am sure to start blabbing as well LOL

Hugs and can't wait to see everyones creations!

Corwin, You are terrifying me!

AmI really that scary? I just wish ___ _______ would come in the mail so i can finish ___ _____ __ __ ___________ ____. . .

It is kinda hard to not wanna share those "aha" moments (sadly, I haven't had too many of those moments this time around) - I just show my DH and son - and they try very hard to look impressed, but always seem to look more like "oh, not this again" :unsure: Poor dears! I do have this nagging feeling I won't finish mine in time - I'm just not getting much done with it for whatever reason. I haven't even approached the lighting issue yet, and if I don't soon, it may just stay unlit. Just draggin' my heels too much on this one. :lol:

I'm excited to see everyone else's creations though. I'm always blown away by the ideas that everyone has. Fling on!

It's not a contest rule to keep our work secret ... but it's so much fun to have one Great Reveal and a round of "Wow! How'd you do that?"

I don't think anyone here would play copycat. We're all way too independent for that kind of nonsense. Besides, it would be easy to tell ... :lol:

One thing prior contest entrants found out when they took me up on my offers to help; I spill no beans!

That is for sure! But a LOT of help!!!

And as it looks I will not be able to finish anything in time for this so am more than willing to be another one to chatter with... Deb, I think we might have found that Broomerie after all, ie if the way of idea doesn't persists toooo much LOL

Hugs

I am dying to post pictures of my project. :yes:

I'm having fun with it and pleased with the way some things are turning out . . .

The Greenleaf kit looks fabulous, but I'd already started my hbs entry and didn't think I could do both, especially with Grrenleaf's short deadline.

So I have more time to work (It's taking forever!) but that means I won't get to post pictures until December. :cheer: Yikes!

:D